Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 8 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - List your Best Products!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

Day 8 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - List your Best Products!

Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 05:55:34 am »

Admin,
           I can't do the assignment until you clear this up for me.    Here is an example of my title     ...  blue beaded bracelet
now  are my key words blue beaded bracelet or beaded bracelet?  I am finding that the other stores some are using 2 words of the title and some are using all 3 words.  Which is correct ?  2 words or 3 words or does it matter?....................help    Kat
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 01:29:08 pm »

Hi Kat,

I guess you are talking about this product https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29523/cha-cha-bracelet-with-green-and-aqua-beads.php
2 words or 3? 3-words terms are usually better, as they are less competitive.
However, whatever terms you choose, they have to have some search volumes associated with them.
If your terms have 0 search volume, you'll get 0 visitors!

"Cha cha bracelet" has 2900 searches, so use it.
However, you should place that Phrase in your Title first, then add other related Keywords, so your Title should read like "Cha Cha Bracelet, Aqua and Green Beads".
JaJeJems

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 02:04:08 pm »

I am looking at this product from Red Rock for my next try!
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29165/agate-bracelet-w-blue-gemstones-and-crystals.php.  Bibi you have used Gem stone Jewellery as your keyword and chunky silver bracelet as a secondary word, however I don' t see either in the title or description .  If gem stone jewellery is what you want to use how about

Gem stone jewellery, navy agate bracelet with crystals

A fine piece of gem stone jewellery, like our navy agate and crystal bracelet, is in a class of its own!  This chunky gem stone bracelet is handcrafted with blue crystal, ripple-plated silver bobbles and navy agate gem stones. It fastens with a silver-plated fish hook clasp and measures approximately 8.5 inches in length.  Your newly acquired gem stone bracelet will be shipped to you in an elegant white embossed box, ideal for gift-giving or personal storage.

Gem stone jewellery is the primary keyword, appears in the title and first sentence.  Related words are gem stone, gem stone bracelet, chunky gem stone bracelet.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 06:31:14 pm »

Hi Bibi,

For this particular product, I'd use "Chunky silver bracelet" - 1,300, as a main Phrase. It's less competitive and describes your product in more detail. "Gem stone jewelry" is too generic. It can be used in product copy as a secondary term.

Product URL: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29165/agate-bracelet-w-blue-gemstones-and-crystals.php
gem stone jewelry - 6,600
chunky silver bracelet - 1,300

So I'd craft your Title like this "Chunky Silver Bracelet with Blue gem stones & crystals", instead of "Chunky blue gem stone bracelet w crystals".

I'd also suggest not to include in every product listing advertising for your Facebook and Tumblr blog. Maybe add it to your store page (as it has more copy), but not to product pages. You want to make sure your copy is focused on a particular theme, like Chunky silver bracelet (something related to jewelry topic). Adding other words not related to your main page theme, especially when you have only 2-3 short sentences there, will muddy the water so to speak.
Delightful Suds

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »

Sorry for my delay, and I hope I'm getting this right:

1 - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34701/eucalyptus-lemon-healer-natural-handmade-soap.php
natural soap 60,500
natural handmade soap 3,600

2 - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/33473/pink-grapefruit-soap-with-loofah-natural-handmade-soap.php
pink grapefruit 22,200
natural handmade soap 3,600

3 - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34514/tea-tree-soap-and-kelp-purifier-natural-handmade-soap.php
tea tree soap 8,100
for acne prone skin 49,500
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 06:55:39 pm »

Thanks for doing your "Home Work", Delightful Suds!  Kiss

I won't comment yet, as I want others to do all the commenting for now. I'll provide my feedback to everyone at the end. We need to get at least 3 pages for each of you in shape for next week's activities.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »

Ok, I think I'm getting it......
Reviewing Delightful Suds's items:

1 - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34701/eucalyptus-lemon-healer-natural-handmade-soap.php  ; natural soap 60,500 ;  natural handmade soap 3,600

My suggestion:

Title: good - has main ingredient and primary keyword.

To omit the 1st line in the copy, as you’re just repeating the title.

Stop a cold or congestion in its tracks with this healing soap.  Made with Eucalyptus lemon essential oil, this natural handmade soap will open up your airways and clear congestion as it kills germs and bacteria. This scent also acts as a mental stimulant that can increase alertness and relieve stress. Suitable for face and body, all skin types.
Each bar weighs approximately 110 grams. This is a listing for one bar of soap.

Admin, let me know if I'm on the right track? thx
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »

Delightful Suds, I'd say for this product, you are targeting wrong Keywords.
See my reasoning below....

Any term with 2 words and 60,500 searches is too competitive! You'll never rank for it on the Google's first page. So don't even try.

Your product Title reads "Eucalyptus Lemon Healer - Natural Handmade Soap", so technically whatever you put as the first Phrase in the Title is the Phrase that you are optimizing your page for.

However, "Eucalyptus Lemon Healer" Phrase has no searches associated with it.

Also, since your product is Soap, you should probably have that term in your targeted Keywords.

"Natural soap" & "Natural handmade soap" are very generic terms that can apply to any soap really. Your soap has Eucalyptus and Lemon, suitable for face and body, and all skin types and has some healing properties. There are probably 20 different Phrases that could do better job describing your soap. "Natural soap" & "Natural handmade soap" don't really contain any of those descriptive words!

Can anyone suggest better Keywords for this listing?  Wink
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 09:12:10 pm »

now that I really understand keywords I am fine tuning my 300 items..... I will see the sun come up......Kat
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:22:51 pm by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »

Oh Kat, you are such a busy bee!  Grin  No quiet retirement for you, I guess?
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 09:28:55 pm »

Delightful Suds, how about these:

best soap for body  2400
eucalyptus oil benefits   1900
eucalyptus lemon 6600
lemon eucalyptus 6600
benefits of eucalyptus oil  1900
eucalyptus soap  1600
Delightful Suds

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 11:22:12 am »

thanks Red Rock
Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 8 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - List your Best Products!
Jump to:  
Click