Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 4 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Jewelry by Kat"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Author

Day 4 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Jewelry by Kat"

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 11:45:03 pm »

One of the things that I've noticed right away with your store is that you have, at least, 2 separate product lines that are competing with each other... and since you already have a lot of products there, some of them get lost and the store doesn't seem to have a clear focus, though name suggests Jewelry...  so here is what I'd suggest doing:

Option 1
Set focus of your store on Jewelry and optimize it for Jewelry-related keywords, since you have a lot more Jewelry pieces in your store than any other types of products!

Option 2
Split this store into 2, focusing one on jewelry and another one on Ceramics, Pottery and Crocheting etc. It would make it easier for you to promote those 2 stores and to drive targeted traffic to them. Though it's probably more work with managing 2 stores. So I am not trying to sell you on this. Think what's better for you. However, to make things easier for you, if you choose option 2, I can waive your registration fee for the second store.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 11:46:33 pm »

Great! Glad we could help. Grin
No, you don't need to repeat your store name on it. It's repeated enough times on the page already.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 11:49:11 pm »

Cool...I already decided to open a second store but have to wait til next week for that ol retirement check.  This store already has a name change and the new store will have the ceramics,crocheted items and cats................Kat
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

No problem!  Cool Just let me know the name of your second store, after you register it, and I'll take care of the fees.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 11:58:30 pm »

It will be Krafty Kat ..................Thanks Kat
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 12:17:39 am »

Hi Kat,

I actually have more feedback for you on your Product Photos.

I think most of them (accept really blurry ceramic cats etc.) could probably be fixed in photo editing program, like Photoshop or any other program that allows you to brighten, sharpen and to add contrast to to your photos. So it's not only the camera that can give you good results.

Also, I really liked those photos where you've added a splash of color on the background to create a nice contrast and to allow your your products to stand out more.

For white backgrounds, a sheet of paper works a lot better than fabric.... or you can try experimenting with natural backgrounds like marble or wood - what you used on this photo.

Check GalleriaLinda. She has a lot of great photos with white and natural backgrounds.
I'll have more feedback on Keywords too Smiley
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 12:27:03 am »

I just played with my software and I did it, but how do you change the main photo?  It won't change..........Kat
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 12:35:55 am »

It's a nice compilation! I think it would look better with a name - just simple typeface, nothing fancy and not superbig.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 12:41:10 am »

Kat, are you talking about product main photos? You just upload a new one and it will replace the old one. There might be a slight system delay with seeing the updated images, so just give it a minute.

We can add the name to the banner too, if you prefer that. Let me know.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 12:48:34 am »

it is fine
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 04:37:44 am »

Here some Keywords Ideas for your store page:

Right now you have "One of a kind- handmade necklaces, bracelets and earrings". That phrase is used to create your page Title, so it has to contain important keywords that later should be repeated in the store description.

You have A LOT of beaded bracelets in your store, so I think that's what you should optimize your store for. However, Beaded Bracelets is a competitive term. I checked on Google. There are 110,000 global monthly searches for Beaded Bracelets.
So you could choose something less competitive like "Beaded charm bracelets" with 1,600 searches. And you have a lot of those products too. So its the right term for you.

So here's what you'd have to do to optimize your page for that term.
1. Change your Specialty line to something like "Beaded charm bracelets, chunky silver bracelets, beaded earrings & necklaces".
2. Repeat Phrase "Beaded charm bracelets" in the first sentence of store description. So you could do it like this:
"Bracelets are my passion! I love making beaded charm bracelets in various colors...
Then you can list a few different types of products, again including a variation of words like beads, charms, bracelet, earrings with specific attributes.

I'd move personal story a bit lower on the page, after you talked about your products, your jewelry techniques and your passion for bracelets.   

Other good Keywords that you can use to optimize product pages:   
silver bead bracelet - 4,400
chunky silver bracelet - 1,300
beaded earrings - 22,200   
silver flower earrings - 1,000
chandelier earrings - 40,500
beaded necklaces - 74,000
gold chandelier earrings - 2,400 (better use terms with 3 words - they are less competitive!)
glass bead earrings - 480   
pearl dangle earrings - 1,600   
beaded dangle earrings - 260
wire wrapping - 49,500
wire wrapped jewelry - 8,100   
gem stone jewelry - 6,600
wire wrapping stones - 2,400   
JaJeJems

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 09:27:37 am »

Hi Kat,

I really like the changes that you have made to your description!  I also think the banner really "pops" when is open your page. Well done!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 09:31:29 am »

Thanks JaJeJems          Been working my fingers to the bone but the hardest part is the wording......Kat
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 10:52:27 am »

I just played with my software and I did it, but how do you change the main photo?  It won't change

I notice a delay too, even if I move off my store page and wander through the site and come back.  What does seem to work, though, is make your changes, then click to "My Store", then push the F5 button to *force* a refresh.  Almost like the page keeps loading with help from a cache file, so I just push F5 to force a full page refresh.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 01:39:23 pm »

Hi Kat,

Your store description is nicely optimized now. Great job!  Grin
Just do the same for a few of your product pages and you are ready for promotional part of the Bootcamp.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 4 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Jewelry by Kat"
Jump to:  
Click