Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 2 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Fairy Cardmaker"
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

Day 2 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Fairy Cardmaker"

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 08:57:39 pm »

Admin,
Is there a way to download my listings from "My Account" - "view all Products" to a spreadsheet to help me with this?

I know it's a lot of work to optimize all 50 pages like that. (You'd probably have to keep a spreadsheet to keep track of all those terms and rankings for each).
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 08:59:59 pm »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

If you look at how many people search on Google for die cuts, it looks like that people know what the term "die cut" means, so I would definitely use this term in your listings.

die cut - 201,000
die cuts - 90,500
paper die cut - 6,600

However, friendly copy for those who don't know what they are, explaining what die cuts could be used for wouldn't hurt either.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 09:03:19 pm »

Is there a way to download my listings from "My Account" - "view all Products" to a spreadsheet to help me with this?

No, not at the moment, but we can add this function in the future or maybe add a page under "My Account" which allows you to add this info to your listings... You gave me some ideas  Grin
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

To answer your question regarding what Keywords to choose for other similar Christmas Angel Cards - No, don't put "Christmas Angel Card" as the first phrase on all 3 products. The rule is Not to use the exactly same Phrase on all similar products, otherwise your own products will be competing for ranking on the same Google page, when each page could rank for different Keywords.

So what you should do is research other Keywords/Phrases that people search for and still accurately describe your products.
I did a quick search for Angel Cards and here are the results.

angel card - 165,000   
angel greeting card - 1,600
angels greeting cards - 1,300
angel winks greeting cards - 210
brunette angel - 1,900   
angel wings card - 110      
baby angel - 165,000
baby angels - 60,500

So if you think any of those Phrases describe your cards, you'd just have to use different Phrases for different products.

In the case with another Angel Card, you could craft your title for that product like this "Angel Greeting Card for Christmas, Brunette in a Red Dress". This way you have your Phrase "Angel Greeting Card", which is searched by 1,600 users monthly, as your first Phrase in the Product Tittle. The rest of the words describing the product like "Christmas" and "Brunette in a Red Dress"can be added after.

Then you have to repeat your main Phrase "Angel Greeting Card" at least once in the first or second sentence in the product description. That's what page optimizations is all about - each page is optimized for different Keywords!

As for tracking traffic - GA is not working for individual stores anymore after Google's latest updates to it, and there doesn't seem to be an easy solution to fixing it at the moment. We are still investigating this issue. Have you seen it working on other venues?

So the only way for you to track traffic increase is our Page Views and your Sale numbers.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:46:12 pm by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 08:31:23 pm »

Hmmmm thanks for reminding me about the page views.  I usually watch new listings for a few days and then I stop.  I've been unsure if those are unique or include repeat visitors and if it counts bots or just people.  If I could download it, it would be easier to spot trends in the change in views.  Once it gets over 100, I don't track it and it gets over that within the first 3 days.

GA has been working without interuption on my Etsy shop.  I do think it is tracking *my shop* and not Etsy in general because the unique views are low (between 10-20 a day) and I know Etsy gets WAY more than that daily.  And by blog - my blog also has uninterupted GA tracking (but it's a Blogger blog so if Google makes changes they better make sure Blogger keeps up because it's their product!)
Delightful Suds

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 06:56:26 pm »

I just wanted to add that I actually do like the black rocks in that picture, I personally don't find them distracting  Tongue
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 10:34:41 pm »

Thanks for the GA feedback, Fairy Cardmaker!

Our page views are unique in a sense that they don't count your own visits or multiple visits from the same user within 24 hr time frame. Discounting bots are almost impossible, as there thousands of them and they change their IP and server info all the time.  That's why when it comes to analytics, its better to look at web trends vs actual numbers.

Just wanted to comment on the banner... maybe if it faded into white bg at the end, it would not look so cut off?
Its not taking all the space on the right and that somehow doesn't look right to be. Just a personal opinion.

Btw, we changed font style yesterday on store announcement. Not sure if people noticed.  Roll Eyes
Just wanted to check - How do you like it on your store?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:40:05 pm by iCraft Admin »
Delightful Suds

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:31 pm »

Oh, I just looked at the new font....I'm sorry but I liked it better before, it was more fancy  Sad
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 12:34:08 am »

I thought I had sized my banner correctly.... hrm.  What should the pixel length be?

And I liked the other font better.  The very roundedness of the new one seems juvenile to me.  (Like those sample print pages that children are supposed to copy when learning to print.)
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 12:46:40 am »

Ideal Banner dimensions are 713 x 100 px.

So it's 2 against new font... It was actually same font as Store specialty and we wanted to differentiate the two lines... Hmmm...

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 10:46:07 am »

Banner size fixed!  Will contemplate an alternate banner on the future "to do" list.
Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 2 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Fairy Cardmaker"
Jump to:  
Click