Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Delightful Suds"
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

Day 1 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Delightful Suds"

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 06:29:36 pm »

Hi Delightful Suds, please let me know if you have any questions about Keywords. Incorporating important Keywords into your copy is a critical part of page optimization, on which we'll base our promotional & link building activities later in the Bootcamp.
Delightful Suds

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 07:30:23 pm »

I think I'm okay with that. But, just to go over that again, the reason why I put the title of each of my item again at the beginning of my description is because I thought it helps with the search, correct?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 07:54:26 pm »

It's good to repeat, but in a more natural way, by incorporating Key Phrase into a sentence.
Otherwise, it looks repetitive when your products are displayed in Search Results or when people tweet your listings. Usually page Title and the first sentence from the Description is grabbed... So for your products those messages would look like this:

Baby Turtle Soaps - set of 5. Baby Turtle Soaps. These fun mini turtle baby ... https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34704/turtle-shape-natural-handmade-baby-soap-set-of-5.php
and
Siberian Pine Soap. Siberian Pine Soap. This soap is a very unique blend ... https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/31326/siberian-pine-natural-handmade-soap.php

That looks spammy and you are not using your description to provide descriptive copy that could be helpful to your users.
Instead, those 2 lines could've looked like this:

Baby Turtle Soaps - set of 5. Fun mini turtle baby soaps with vegetable oils.... https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34704/turtle-shape-natural-handmade-baby-soap-set-of-5.php
and
Siberian Pine Soap. Highly moisturizing soap with Vitamin E... https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/31326/siberian-pine-natural-handmade-soap.php
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:56:44 pm by iCraft Admin »
Delightful Suds

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 08:30:44 pm »

Fairy Cardmaker, I'd like to add to your comment -  "I think the prices are fine.  In fact, I've looked at buying but I've had trouble determining the difference between your yellow green tea soap and the green tea infusion one.  (And I'm too lazy to send an ask a question but I was going to get off my butt and do it closer to Christmas lol.)"

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, there isn't much difference in these 2 except that the Green Tea Infusion's main oil is olive oil, and the "yellow" one (it's actually not yellow in real life, for some reason the picture came out like that and I couldn't get it to look any better, it's more neutral) has herbs added, and the main oil is sunflower.

P.S. I'll be selling my soaps at the "Made by Hand" show in Mississauga (at the International Centre) on Oct. 27th if you're interested in stopping by for Christmas gifts and saving on shipping  Wink because I know you're in Mississauga. If anyone else in the area is interested, please contact me for details  Smiley
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »

Hi Kat and Marta, just to add about the photos.  I too googled how to make a light tent.  It's very easy, cardboard box, white sheet and tape.

I made one myself and my pics are way way better now then when I started.  I do have trouble with the lighting and shadows still though, but I am working on it. 

This is great! I'm really learning lots  Smiley
Delightful Suds

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 10:15:14 pm »

I do have a question for everyone... Do you think it would be better for me to list a pack of 3 or 4 soaps in one listing? Would you be more willing to buy bundles, so that you automatically save on shipping? This way you wouldn't wonder why shipping for one bar of soap is more expensive than the actual bar of soap? Please share your thoughts.
thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 10:22:43 pm »

I think it's a good idea, Delightful Suds, especially since Xmas & Valentine's Day are coming soon.
It will save people time trying to bundle things themselves and they could clearly see that they are saving on shipping. Win-win!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 10:36:45 pm »

I agree, who doesn't want to bundle & save. 

Also, think about bundling different soaps in 1 package, for a theme of scents or feelings that you get when you use them.  Like the Healing package of a eucalyptus bar, green tea infusion bar and lemon with loofah bar. Or a relaxing package for moms with peppermint, shea butter and coconut, or a bridal package with romantic scents, for those couples honeymooning in the winter.   I personally hate using those little square hotel soaps, and I always bring my own.

This also gets more of your product out there....so if they love 1 bar in particular they'll come back.
JaJeJems

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 11:07:10 pm »

I agree with the idea of selling bundles especially when it make the shipping look more reasonable.  I am guessing that you would give the buyer the option or would you do them all in bundles?

Thanks for the photography ideas as well!
Delightful Suds

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 05:44:36 pm »

Ok, thanks good to know. I guess it would be better if I gave people the option to buy bundles or singles. I'll consider that as well.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 06:55:09 pm »

I like the idea of bundles.  Red Rock Designs had some good ideas there.
Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Delightful Suds"
Jump to:  
Click