Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Need your help testing new site
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Author

Need your help testing new site

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 05:49:42 pm »

Free patterns is another great idea! They will attract non-crafters, who appreciate crafts.
We were discussing before an idea of a section under Community where sellers could post video tutorials, free patterns, DIY projects and other freebies and maybe even provide expert advise to people who are learning crafts.

I strongly disagree that a DIY focus will attract non-crafters.  It will attract people who want to save a buck by doing things themselves and/or who will use that knowledge at craft fairs instead of online.  I think DIY is completely targetting the wrong market for iCraft because the supplies to make those things are not sold here.  Please explain what you see in this market?

I do, however, think freebies are a good idea.  But those should be promotional bonuses and not expectations.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »

Ahhh... yes, where did the Collections go?  Roll Eyes
We'll fix that soon!

Why are the new forums all centered as the default alignment?  It's hard to read

I don't see this problem anywhere.
Can you please email us a screen shot? Are you using the same Chrome browser? Thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »

I strongly disagree that a DIY focus will attract non-crafters.  It will attract people who want to save a buck by doing things themselves and/or who will use that knowledge at craft fairs instead of online.  I think DIY is completely targeting the wrong market for iCraft because the supplies to make those things are not sold here.  Please explain what you see in this market?

I do, however, think freebies are a good idea.  But those should be promotional bonuses and not expectations.

I guess I was thinking that the focus would be on Education. We'd showcase all products, like patterns and tutorials that we sell on iCraft, not only freebies. I think ability for people to ask experts a question about certain craft techniques or materials used etc., is an interesting one. I see parents using it for Kid Crafts ideas or beginners looking for tips and advice. Maybe I am completely off on this one. Roll Eyes Let me know.

We are interested in attracting all art and crafts enthusiasts and in new ways to engage people on our Community section. Generating more conversations alone would help with social and SEO. So we just need to figure out what other new and exciting things we could add that would keep our existing members engaged and attract new users. All ideas are welcome! Thanks.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 05:33:15 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,
Collections are fixed now. Try using it now and let me know if everything works fine. Thanks for reporting this problem!
PetiteTuques

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 08:10:14 am »

Downloadable patterns? Absolutely!   Grin
I think it's a great idea and would benefit buyers greatly.
Are all your patterns in PDFs?
I'll see how we can add this feature sooner, than later.

Yup all my patterns are pdf, except for the free ones. I prefer to have people go to my website instead of downloading them. I'd prefer to then leave a free pattern as a listing, and not have the option of a download. That's just me, and I've only seen one other website to that, {petite purls} and I thought it was a smart idea.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 10:24:43 pm »

Emptying my cache fixed my forum alignment problem.  Thank-you for the suggestion.

Collections worked fine!  Love being able to edit more than one item at a time for collections.  (Not a new feature, but a good one!)

I do enjoy learning about the crafting process and even tips and tricks, but a tutorial start-to-finish (which is what I read in to the scenario) seems to divulge too much to the wrong market, IMO.  But I agree that more general education could draw traffic based on curiosity (and some "give a little, get a little" basis too).  So, I would be on-board with that.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:26:22 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »

Hi PetiteTuques,

If listing is at $0.00, there won't be a "Buy" button. And you don't want to have a download option. So how would people get your free pattern from listing on iCraft?

I think letting users to download your free pattern would be ideal and easy on the users.
If you want to direct users to your website, you could add links to your site on the PDF itself? A line like this would probably get their attention "For more free patterns, visit my website ...."

We've been asked for downloadable files before by people who sell prints and digital art, so it looks like we'll be adding this option anyway.
PetiteTuques

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »

Hi PetiteTuques,

If listing is at $0.00, there won't be a "Buy" button. And you don't want to have a download option. So how would people get your free pattern from listing on iCraft?

My answer to that would be that the pattern itself would be in the listing. It gives a reason for people to come back and view the site. Not everybody might agree with that, and maybe in the future I would change methods and have downloads of free patterns, but if I have the choice, then I choose not to.
PetiteTuques

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »

There is a link called Knitting Patterns at the bottom of the page, but it brings me to "https://icraftgifts.com/crafts/" I guess because there is no category for patterns yet on the side?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 05:08:41 pm »

No, there are some patterns available. That was just a bad link.
We actually changed it to "Patterns for sale" and linked it to all patterns, not just knitting patterns. Thanks for pointing it out!
Beajoux

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 10:36:13 pm »

Today was my first time listing on the "new" site. After I submitted it as live, I got the page letting me know I already had 5 items listed, so the newest one would be put on hold. Fine, no problem. I put an older one on hold and went back to put my newest one as live. But it was gone! It's not with the hold items, or with the live ones. I'm really saddened that I have to list it all over again! Has this happened to anyone else?

Ainsley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:28 pm »

Hi Ainsley,

I think system was saying that you already have 5 items listed (maximum per current subscription) and rejected your new product. I'll see what can be done from this situation happening again. Maybe a warning before you upload a new product?
PetiteTuques

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 12:52:18 pm »

Hi Admins!

I tried to search the Blog Categories and came up with this error:

Framework error handler says: User Warning (E_USER_WARNING): Smarty error: unable to read resource: "#blog-search-results.html" in /home/icraft/!website/!FRAMEWORK-live/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1164

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »

Thanks for notifying us, PetiteTuques! We'll fix it soon.  Roll Eyes
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 10:57:10 am »

FYI. The issue with Blog Search is now fixed!  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Need your help testing new site
Jump to:  
Click