Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 11 What Happened
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 11 What Happened

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 11, 2009, 02:39:27 am »

Its Rememberance Day for Canadians and Veterans Day for Americans.

Today was catch up day.

Let us know what you are struggling with or just plain avoiding.

Let us know what you have worked hardest on mastering.

Let us know what you like best so far... or just stop and and say hi.

Cheers
Christine
storybeader

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 09:42:11 am »

Yes, the US has its holiday too, Veterans Day Cheesy

What I've been wrestling with most is Twitter, since I'm new to using it.  Used to just tweet about new listings.  Yesterday, I wanted the name of this flower, in my Washi paper, to better write a haiku.  Asked it on Twitter and linked it to my Facebook - Viola! an answer from a tweeter!  How cool is that!   Cheesy   Saved me lots of surfing time  :lol:

One thing about scheduling tweets:
I preschedule my blog posts, but can't preschedule a tweet to go with it.  It will lead to my Blogger dashboard.  Is there a way to schedule tweets before the post appears  :?:  Is that strange enough?   :lol:

And I'm in the middle of a large order, so I can't list anything new.  Don't have the space here anyway....

Have a good holiday!  I'm off to the work table.... soon!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:56:35 am »

Forgive me... Yes Canada and Us have a day of remembrance today.

Enjoy your day!

Cheers

Christine
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 11:46:45 am »

I am still struggling with my advertisement!  I've been self-employed for nearly 30 years and have written countless ads, so this shouldn't be so hard! Haha!
My daughter gave me an aha! moment when I asked her for help in coming up with 3 remarkable things about my business and she said "which part of it?" (I raised a smart girl! Lol)
I basically have 3 different things that I create - jewellery, animal portraits and fine art.  So, I have been struggling to find a common thread (or threads), express that as 3 benefits, and then write an ad.
Anyway, here is what I've come up with so far:

Embrace your love of the land with nature-inspired, eco-friendly,  fine art and artisan jewellery from Wabi Brook Studio.
Here you will find hand-crafted designs which reflect the simple, organic shapes and colours of nature.  Many pieces are one-of-a-kind, or limited editions.
Each piece is created to celebrate ,with respect, our wonderful planet and the creatures that live on it,  using materials that are re-claimed, re-cycled, vintage or fair-trade wherever possible.

What do you think?  I know it still needs more info, but it's a start!

I've been diligently adding products to my shop (lots and lots of them, was avoiding writing my advertisement, so did this instead so wouldn't feel as guilty, haha!), and tweeting regularly.  Trying to schedule more tweets, which is helping immensely with my time-management.  Dumping followers which aren't interesting to me, and becoming more discerning in who I follow.

Thanks Christine (and fellow boot-campers) for your help and encouragement!
Naturliche

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 02:19:31 pm »

Hi all ~
Wow do I ever need to catch up!

I have done my interview ~ still going back and tweaking it all the time though.... !

I still need to do an elevator speech that sounds better than "I make natural body products that are great for your skin!"

I did get some WORK done though ~ some gift sets and a new lotion stick which is "soy" great.... hehe  ... yeah, its made with Soy Butter...

Now I just need to get the photos loaded and the products listed!  I did up some gift sets with tulle netting and the pictures are awful (due to the flash reflection off the tulle... so I'm going to have to re-take those and try again!

Thanks for posting lists Christine!  Its very helpful for me!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 03:18:42 pm »

Way to go!

In the next 2 days, when I get a few details worked out, I'll tell you about a draw that we are going to have for the bootcampers that have done all their writing.

So keep at it. Smiley

Cheers

Christine
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:11:45 pm »

Okay, here it is:

"Embrace your love of the land with nature-inspired, eco-friendly,  fine art and artisan jewellery from Wabi Brook Studio.

Indulge your individuality with hand-crafted designs which reflect the simple, organic shapes and colours of nature.  Many pieces are one-of-a-kind, or made in limited editions.

Each piece is created in respectful celebration of our wonderful planet and the creatures that live on it,  using materials that are re-claimed, re-cycled, vintage or fair-trade wherever possible.

Wabi Brook Studio welcomes creative collaboration! Whether it is jewellery to co-ordinate with an outfit or a portrait of a special animal, the resulting custom item will be uniquely yours!"

Whew!  Glad that's done! Cheesy
It's still a bit awkward in places, and may need tweaking, but will do that over the next few days.  I need to get on with the next assignments, and my life, haha!
Callidora

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 04:20:56 pm »

I think it's awesome!  I want to go buy something right now, just because I know it's eco-friendly and in harmony with nature.  That sort of thing is really important to me and my family and when I know that about products - I always go for them first.  Great ad work Smiley

Quote from: "wabibrookstudio"

Anyway, here is what I've come up with so far:

Embrace your love of the land with nature-inspired, eco-friendly,  fine art and artisan jewellery from Wabi Brook Studio.
Here you will find hand-crafted designs which reflect the simple, organic shapes and colours of nature.  Many pieces are one-of-a-kind, or limited editions.
Each piece is created to celebrate ,with respect, our wonderful planet and the creatures that live on it,  using materials that are re-claimed, re-cycled, vintage or fair-trade wherever possible.

What do you think?  I know it still needs more info, but it's a start!

I've been diligently adding products to my shop (lots and lots of them, was avoiding writing my advertisement, so did this instead so wouldn't feel as guilty, haha!), and tweeting regularly.  Trying to schedule more tweets, which is helping immensely with my time-management.  Dumping followers which aren't interesting to me, and becoming more discerning in who I follow.

Thanks Christine (and fellow boot-campers) for your help and encouragement!
Weezi

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 05:27:46 pm »

OMG. I am so behind!...eee! I am going to print out everything since Monday and read it tonight while I am at my parents house visiting. I will try and catch up tby tomorrow.

I am so sorry...I have a commercial written out by hand...I wrote it out at the ear dr's yesterday while waiting Wink

I have to figure out what day to post it in.
This is bad.....grrr. Sad
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 11:06:23 pm »

Wabi, I really like it!  Especially this part:

Indulge your individuality with hand-crafted designs which reflect the simple, organic shapes and colours of nature. Many pieces are one-of-a-kind, or made in limited editions.

Really grabbing!  I would say...

"... designs which reflect the beautifully simple, organic...."

-Lisa.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 11:17:21 pm »

Today, I commented on products in the following bootcamper stores: WabiBrook, TimeandSand, and Pillow Throw.

I'm working on a new card for my shop - a design I've always wanted to try.  Unfortunately, I'm busy at work.  I might get to my new design over the weeked or early next week.  (Have to finish up preparations for my Xmas card class on the weekend first!)

-Lisa.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 11:55:58 pm »

Hey Ensorcelled Minds... yes thank you so much for the comments... what a nice surprise.

Leaving comments on Fellow icraft products is awseome... again it creates attention and more traffic for our items.  Also people are more apt to leave a comment as long as they are not the first!  That's true.

Good work guys.

Weezi don't stress.  We are all behind right now.  I'll have to lift my foot off the peddle a bit!  Smiley

Cheers

Christine
Zs Knees

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 12:50:56 am »

Nice to have a slow day to browse at some shops, tweet, maybe even do a little crafting!... or sleeping? Tough choice there...
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 09:14:29 am »

Here is my blurb:

Stranger:  I love your necklace (or whatever.  I can't see myself walking around carrying a painting...:-))
Me:  Thank you! I made it myself.
Stranger:  Really?
Me:  Yes, I did! I create and sell eco-friendly artisan jewellery and fine art inspired by nature.  Everything is made by me in my own studio, using mainly reclaimed, recycled, vintage and fair trade materials.  
Here's my card (assuming I have one with me!)  It has my website, where you can see more of my work.

Thank you for the feedback on my advert, Callidora and Ensorcelled Minds.  It's good to know that you were able to connect to some part of it.

And thanks for the comment on my painting EM!

Going to find some time today to visit some shops and leave comments.  
Christine, how does leaving comments in shops create more traffic? I don't really know much about this shop feature.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 11:29:54 am »

As I understand Google does include comments in its searches. So every time a comment is left on a blog or store its another "vote" for that site's popularity. The more popular a site or item is the higher it is ranked in Google. It isn't quite that simple because Google measures MANY factors in determining rank.... so every little bit helps.

I am not very technical so if anyone else has better explanation that would be grea... jump in.  

SEO (search engine Optimization) is something that admin work on all the time on our behalf.  There are certain things that we can do to make our stores more searchable or more easily found by our buyers. I am hoping to introduce that in another assignment Smiley.

Hope this helps Smiley

Quote from: "wabibrookstudio"
Here is my blurb:

Going to find some time today to visit some shops and leave comments.  
Christine, how does leaving comments in shops create more traffic? I don't really know much about this shop feature.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 09:18:27 pm »

Leaving comments was not my idea.  Another bootcamper (or two) left some for me and it was a nice surprise for me too!  I thought, what a great way to generate some internet interest for a non-twitterer like me!

Thanks to those who left me comments!  They were also my first ever.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 11 What Happened
Jump to:  
Click