Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Blog vs Newsletter
Pages: [1]
Author

Blog vs Newsletter

Red Rock Designs

« on: March 06, 2013, 04:20:40 pm »

Hi, I noticed that some vendors give newsletters to their customers / followers.  What is the difference between having a blog and a newsletter?
Are newsletters sent out to keep that connection to customers? For repeat business?
Does the newsletter speak to a different audience or demographic than the blog? 
Are the topics in the newsletter different from the blog?

Basically, what's the purpose of the newsletter, if you already have a blog?
I'm just wondering if this is something I should consider as another marketing tool.....
Thanks
Bibi

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:41:28 am »

There are a few problems with the newsletters that sellers send out.

1. They often use customer emails without their permission to send them newsletters and annoy them by doing that. (it's also illegal to do that)
2. If you use proper newsletter builders, which allows you to manage newsletter subscriptions, the cost of doing that will probably be too high.
3. If you have just a few subscribers, it won't worth your time putting together newsletters, as you won't get much return on investment.

I think for individual shops the best investment of time is in link building, which we will cover in our next Bootcamp, and not in newsletters.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:03 pm »

Gotcha!  I thought it was kind of repetitive  - giving the same info but in a different way.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Blog vs Newsletter
Jump to:  
Click