Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Addition of “Product Category” Filter
Pages: [1]
Author

Addition of “Product Category” Filter

iCraft Admin

« on: November 13, 2008, 12:42:17 am »

We’ve just added a filter for your Creator Exhibits allowing buyers to limit the number of products on display by “Product Category”. This feature is especially useful for Creators who sell more than one type of product (e.g. Artwork, Jewelry, Crafts etc) or those who have a lot of products listed in their Creator Exhibit.

We’ve also added this filter to the “View all products” page under “My Account” section, along with the “Unique page views” beside each product listing. Seeing “Unique page views” for all your products on the same page should make it easier for you to quickly scan the numbers and see which products are attracting more traffic. We hope you’ll find it useful.

As always, we sincerely appreciate your feedback!
Loopy4ewe

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:03:36 pm »

Great ideas!
Is this why the site was down for a bit today? Or was that just me?

Nice addition of the views too when viewing your products! Thanks:)
Marys Garden

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 05:22:34 pm »

This is great!  I love being able to see the individual page views at a glance!
iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:22:57 pm »

Hey everyone,

Yes, the server was down today for a few minutes due to development changes. However it had nothing to do with the changes that I’ve announced yesterday.
We are currently working on the new set of features that required server reboot. Sorry, I couldn’t warn you in advance.
Unfortunately, we will have to do this again to complete the development. This time we’ll do it around 3:00 am EST for about 10 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience!

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:54:42 am »

I just noticed this the other day and was blown away. I knew it was in the works, but somehow hadn't noticed it until today. Great addition!
Beadlam

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:58:28 am »

Oops - I did it again - the Guest, above, is me ...

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 12:17:10 pm »

I love this feature!!! Great bonus for us.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 11:51:04 pm »

Small update to “Product Category” filter.
We`ve added an anchor for the product display area on your Creator Exhibits. This means when person is using “Product Category” filter, we will move page up, so products are displayed first. This will improve user experience on Creator Exhibits which have a lot of text and user is forced to scroll to see the products.

We are also passing filtering criteria in URLs. This means if you need to show your customer your earrings collection only, you can filter your Creator Exhibit, copy your Creator Exhibit URL and send it to your customer. He will see only earrings displayed in your Creator Exhibit, but will be able to change filtering criteria and see all other Product Categories.

Another improvement that we are working on is creating user-friendly URLs, as current URLs are quite long.

Please feel free to comment on any of the changes. We`d like to know what you think.   Smiley
Beadlam

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 09:35:17 am »

Oh, this is great! Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Addition of “Product Category” Filter
Jump to:  
Click