Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Would you be interested in Webinars & Video Tutorials?
Pages: 1
Author

Would you be interested in Webinars & Video Tutorials?

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: March 22, 2018, 10:40:36 pm »

Video content is rising in popularity and could attract new users to the site. So we were wondering if you guys would be interested in doing Webinars & Video Tutorials related to your craft. They could be free or for a fee - up to you!
Or maybe you would be interested in learning new skills?  Wink
Let us know what you think!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:20:00 pm »

There's enough free content already on YouTube, I think it would be tough to do it for a fee.

Me, I've done some (fairly cruddy quality) videos. I don't have the time to learn to do nice ones and I wouldn't be able to keep content rolling out.

But I do think some kind of video content could draw users to the site.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:51:07 pm »

We are talking to some crafters that promote masterclasses through Facebook. We want to try to post a few of their videos and see how that would drive engagement and traffic. The theory is that those that would post videos, free or for a fee, would see an increased traffic to their store.

We plan to start with a Free video content, then expand it to Paid videos and Live Webinars (tutorials or masterclasses) that could also be offered as a recorded videos.

We'll post more details on the process, but please let us know if you have any videos that we could include in this new Video section. Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 01:37:58 pm »

Oh, I think I get it now.

Would these videos include:
  • Video tutorials that currently accompany a pattern or kit purchase?
  • Free tutorials
  • Classes (whether live or pre-recorded class content)
  • Process videos

Perhaps a mix of all of the above?

For video tutorials as part of a kit, would there be a place on the site to house the video and a way to provide the customer with an access key to that particular video? (For example, you can have a private video online that people need a password to access. However, who's to say the first to purchase doesn't go share the password all over? Same thing if you email the video to a customer - they can just go share it.)

I've seen video classes online where there's either a single video or a series of chapters to teach a skill or a specific project. Considered taking some but know that I would not make the time to do the sessions if there's no teacher or classmates actually waiting for me to show up. (Have to be honest with myself here.)

I've thought about making process videos where I just film myself while I make a card. Would those count?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:07:11 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 12:02:28 am »

The answer is - All of the above!  Grin

The more video we incorporate on the site, the better.
We don't have to host it either. We could simply embed them from other video platforms, like YouTube or Vimeo.
There are different ways in which we could protect access to videos - assign different passwords to different buyers, allow access only to users that are logged in into our system. Those are the details we can work out later.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 04:09:44 pm »

I had a free Vimeo account because its commercial free. Free Vimeo does not allow commercial use. So, I used to mostly to showcase gifts I had made.

Vimeo has changed the rules on free accounts. So, now I've started putting some videos on YouTube. YouTube comes up more in searches anyway.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 04:16:22 pm »

Lisa, YouTube videos work well on product pages.
I am still waiting for the confirmation that Vimeo videos are fixed. Will update you here as soon as I know. Thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 04:17:46 pm »

Oh, what are the updates on Vimeo free accounts?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 01:04:08 pm »

Vimeo Basic used to have a weekly memory limit. Now it is a single limit of 5GB. Once you hit that, you can post nothing more unless you move to a paid account. I am almost twice that already. They allowed existing content to stay for free, but I am not able to post anything new.

It seems, on Youtube, if you don't want to see ads, the consumer pays instead of the creator. I'm pretty new to it all still.

When this goes live, could I link process videos I already created? Or will you want only go-forward videos?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 06:38:41 pm »

Hi Lisa,
You can add links to Vimeo videos on your product listings now. You can link to existing videos, no problem!
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Would you be interested in Webinars & Video Tutorials?
Jump to:  
Click