Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  What's on your wish list?
Pages: 1
Author

What's on your wish list?

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: December 29, 2017, 11:29:24 pm »

Hi guys,

As we are working on the website redesign, we'd love to hear from you what's important to you and what kinds of improvements you are looking forward to the most. This would help us to prioritize features.
So if I asked you to name top 5 things that you'd like to see on the new site, what would they be? Thanks! Kiss
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 11:43:31 pm »

Not sure I have 5 off the top of my head. I'll come back if I think of more.

1. Ability to accept more checkout options.
2. Help with shipping estimates - put in customer's postal code, get estimate.
3. I would like to see a total on the sales invoices for both the item costs and the shipping totals separately, then the full, all-in total. (Right now, it shows only the all-in total. I track shipping revenue versus shipping expense in my bookkeeping, so I need 2 separate totals per invoice.)
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:50:53 pm »

Ok, thought of them:

4. Data downloads and/or other data analytic information. It would be nice to download my sales history for a requested date-range in a spreadsheet compatible format. Then I could sort it in Excel and see stuff like: my biggest buyer by $ or by no. of order, or the geographic concentration of my sales, etc. Or I could download my view all product pages and compute views per # of days listed averages and views-to-purchases ratios, etc.

5. In the view all products page, when the quantity is "Sold", the status is "On Hold". I'd rather have those as a separate category called "Sold Out". So when I want to view just my on hold stuff to reactivate, I won't have all the sold-out things cluttering the list. (I like to cycle seasonal stuff to on hold and then activate them when the season comes back, etc. I'm afraid of accidentally re-listing something I'm actually sold out of.)
9 Mile Crafts

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 11:12:15 pm »

I’d like to be able to add a items to more than one heading at a time, like home decor, baby, and toy. If I have a single item listed in several places it Becomes more than one item when I actually only have one item so to keep it to just my single item I have to pick a category and eliminate others, it limits my marketing. If I could link them as one listing with several headings that would be a huge help and increase my marketing ability. It would also be great to add custom sub headings, you know where it says home decor, blanket, baby blanket...I’d Like to be able to add something relevant to sizing and color. There are receiving blankets, crib blankets, toddler blankets, snugglies or lovey’s, stroller blankets, floor blankets and car seat blankets. Some cross over into adult lap blankets, wheel chair blankets and throws depending on color scheme or just simply the yarn I choose. The general list of colors is ok but far from good I think for tan or beige I had to choose nuetral. I believe others have also mentioned this issue of sizing not being a clearly defined category. I try to include all this information in my description but this is a day and age where people want to find things quickly and Most people narrow things down by item type, occasion, size, color and price. It’s how I search, so I assume it’s how most people search. As an aside I would also like a charity gift button as I donate a great many items and this would offset those costs some and allow others to be generous as well but maybe I just haven’t figured out that part yet. 😏[
9 Mile Crafts

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:16:21 pm »

Just a...well I don’t exactly...my mind is boggled...this had 2800 plus views and only 3 or 4 comments?  :😲😳
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 11:27:29 pm »

Hi 9 Mile Crafts,
I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but you can list your items in more than one category already.
You can also specify tags, target audience and occasion on the same page.
9 Mile Crafts

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 08:58:38 pm »

Perhaps I am doing it wrong, I haven’t actually sold anything yet since I’ve only been here 2 weeks but I can only choose one main category at a time and if I understand it correctly, When I enter it in multiple main categories it offers it as another item. So if I only have one item this creates an issue. However if I could choose multiple main categories at the same time I would only have to enter the item one time and the item count would be correct and completely connected if the item sold in one category it would show as sold in all categories.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 03:52:31 pm »

You can add Additional Categories to any product listing right now. Just click "Add Category" link on "Edit product" page.
When you sell your product, it will be removed from all associated categories, so there is no issue with listing it in multiple categories.
9 Mile Crafts

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 04:14:52 pm »

Thank you, will be sure to update that.
9 Mile Crafts

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 06:25:05 pm »

I do have one question and depending on the answer,  it’s a request,...is there a way to create a portfolio showcasing examples of individual sellers creations? As someone who does custom orders face to face I have been asked for one. I don’t think I want to mix that in with my blog or finished items I have for sale. Would be great to have it as a link on my store page. I also think it would be an excellent way to tie into a business Facebook page and photo oriented sites like Pinterest, Instagram, and snap chat, and that it would add to any sort of highlighted artist of the month feature. I’ve been kind of scrambled the last week with face to face requests and personal stuff so maybe I missed the option in the side bar of creating one but I don’t actually think I saw one. Happy upgrading.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 08:02:09 pm »

To your question "is there a way to create a portfolio showcasing examples of individual sellers creations?".
We don't have a Portfolio feature, but we could let people link to their Instagram, Pinterest or other social media sites where they have those Portfolios setup. Would that help?
9 Mile Crafts

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 10:42:00 pm »

I’m not certain but that’s primarily because I don’t know which platforms will allow you to embed links in what or what the particulars of the use clauses are. Facebook, Pinterest and twitter are probably a given to add to almost anything, I think, as long as the accounts are set to public. I am uncertain how much instagram let’s you see without an account. Snap chat just started allowing embedding links to stories at the end of January but I’m not too sure how far along it is yet or what the privacy or use clauses there are either. I wouldn’t even know where to start with google+ but have heard they are gaining ground with Facebook in an uproar. Overall Links could work very nicely if tied to a very short intro statement and each artist could choose their favorite media type or multiples.

I do think it would be good to have a reference to all the different media sources to though. Maybe just a file or fixed thread people can add to. What I know of instagram and Snapchat comes from my kids whose ages range from the youngest in middle school to the eldest getting a doctorate. The oldest had me on myspace, the youngest has never even heard of it, Social media changes fast! I heard of one called me/we the other day supposed to be similar to Facebook. Know nothing about it, never heard of it prior. I don’t suggest poking around it without really good security in place. Maybe I’ll ask my kids. LOL.

Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  What's on your wish list?
Jump to:  
Click