Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Upcoming site improvements and more
Pages: [1]
Author

Upcoming site improvements and more

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: November 24, 2016, 12:50:30 am »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to provide you with a quick update on what we are working on behind the scenes, as we haven't sent any updates in a while now.  Roll Eyes

We started with "My Account" redesign a few months ago to address bugs and issues that members reported to us.
At the same time, we've been working on a second (and potentially a third) marketplace to allow people who sell vintage and supplies to sell on our platform as well (without flooding handmade listings).

Now, it looks like iCraft has to be completely redesigned too to introduce shared components and to enable things like a single login to all 3 sites, a shared profile and a billing system that can handle a more complicated setup.

We are still not sure how we'll release new changes to iCraft (probably in multiple phases). Just wanted to give you a heads-up that changes are coming in the next few months.

Please let us know if there are specific things you'd like to see fixed or improved on iCraft.

And if you are interested in selling Vintage or Supplies, please make sure you add your name to this thread Do you also sell Vintage or Supplies? or this one A vintage seller dying to sell on icraft. Thanks everyone!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 11:49:21 am »

Posted. Also interested to to know whether there would be separate fees for each site or the same fee for all sites?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 01:34:08 am »

Supplies site will probably have a different pricing structure, as it will deal with the volume of uploads and transactions.
$5 per month for unlimited postings won't be possible there Smiley
However, we'll streamline the whole experience, so you wouldn't have to enter the same info in 2 places and make multiple payments.
We'll also provide a single login to both sites and an easy way to toggle between 2 stores.
Easy Fashion Clothing

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 05:51:26 pm »

I am interested in selling fabric by the yard on the supplies site. It would be mostly silk and wool fabric.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 11:45:53 pm »

Thanks for letting us know! The other site is not ready yet. We'll keep you posted.
Easy Fashion Clothing

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 12:49:05 pm »

Do you have an idea as to when the supplies site will be open?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:06:17 pm »

A few more months....
We are rebuilding the whole platform, so it's a lot of work. 
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 11:58:29 pm »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to address a couple of issues that people email us about regarding our policy changes.

We didn't make a final decision on the payment policy yet and we are still months away from releasing our new site.

We might even keep the subscription-based system and add a new commission-based system to offer people a choice.

If we decide to do a commission-based model only, we'll refund the money to people that paid up-front for the months that they can't use our subscription system anymore.

We are still brainstorming ideas here on forum, so if you have preferences for one or the other or ideas on how we can improve things on the new site, feel free to join the conversation. Thanks!
Gramps Tees

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 08:42:29 am »

I'd rather see more features in listing items. For example, I create custom t-shirts made to order. Unfortunately, when (although it hasn't happened yet) a buyer clicks to buy there is no way for them to easily specify colour or size. So it needs to have that. Plus, as I now have 40+ listings and I'll have to go back into each one and manually add all the sizes/colours I offer because there is no bulk edit feature to easily do this. Same with shipping, I only added Canada and US options as it was't clear when adding a product. I thought that'd be ok as I presumed your were focused in USA (sorry). Seems your buyers are more in Europe so I have to add international shipping (I'm in Canada) but again, each product has to be manually changed.

I'm sure I'll get the hang of this site as I go, but initially it is rather frustrating and more time-consuming than need be.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 12:48:26 am »

Hi Bob,

Sorry, I feel your pain! Yes, all those features will be all addressed on the new site. We are definitely adding Bulk operations.
Currently, buyers can specify color and size in comments at the Checkout.

As for the buyers, I believe most of our buyers are from US, though we are a Canadian company.
I don't think we have a lot of European buyers, though it's a good idea to create International profile to cover people outside Canada & US.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 10:02:36 pm »

Hi guys,

We'll be rolling out a few updates to the product pages soon.
You will be able to upload up to 10 product images based on product color, specify different sizes and upload your own sizing chart.

Here is what you'll see on the product edit page when you login into My Account.

Here is what buyers will see on the product page.
Let us know what you think about these changes. Stay tuned for even more updates in the near future.  Cool

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:09:44 pm by iCraft Admin »
Craft Boutique

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 09:37:58 pm »

Those are amazing updates! Can't wait! Grin
I like the idea of adding a lot more photos. People love seeing products from different angles. This is very helpful, especially if photos will be linked to colors.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 01:10:54 pm »

I like the colours! I do re-use the same design on some of my cards but a different set of colours.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Upcoming site improvements and more
Jump to:  
Click