Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Building a promotional widget
Pages: [1]
Author

Building a promotional widget

StylishDecorbyGClark

« on: May 24, 2016, 07:53:19 am »

(1) Is the "code" we are instructed to copy all of printing in the large box at the bottom of the build a widget page and (2) where on our site are we supposed to paste it?  Thanks for providing and additional details for how to specifically use this tool.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 07:40:48 pm »

1) Yes, the code you need to copy is from the large box at the bottom of the widget builder page.

2) That code should be pasted on a page of your personal site or a blog.
When you open a copy editor in a Wordpress or other platforms, there is usually an icon for embedding a code.
Or you can go directly into the code of the page, if you have that option, and insert our code in the place where you want to see your widget.

Thanks!
StylishDecorbyGClark

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:22:39 pm »

Thank you for your response but it is Greek to me.....not knowing the meaning of "open a copy editor," or "Wordpress," or "go directly into the code of the page."   Is there not a basic "how to" instruction tutorial within the site that offers a straight forward, simply explained step 1, step 2, step 3 explanation of how to use the tools you offer?  This has the potential for being a top-notch outstanding site but definitely needs to be more user friendly.   You are losing a big percentage of your possible market.....talented crafters and artisans who are not especially up to date on the technology side and need more basic guidance.

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 11:22:47 pm »

Sorry, it's a bit hard to explain how to embed the widget without using words like "code" and "copy editor".  Roll Eyes
So maybe you could tell me first if you have your own site. If you don't use Wordpress, do you use Blogger, Tumblr or anything else?
StylishDecorbyGClark

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:16:08 pm »

When I came across your site, I thought it was a  "Community of stores."'  I saw no indication I needed m own website or domain or blog.  I simply have a store, a shop on Etsy and I was looking to expand.  And I have a Facebook business page.  Obviously, unfortunately, your site is not set up for crafters like me.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 10:26:27 pm »

Sorry, what are you looking for?
Our promotional widget was built for those who have a blog or a personal website.
However, we don't require you to have one.
If you have a Facebook page, you could use our social feed
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Building a promotional widget
Jump to:  
Click