Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  New to iCraft and not sure how to go about shipping costs
Pages: [1]
Author

New to iCraft and not sure how to go about shipping costs

DaraSunbubbles

« on: February 04, 2015, 04:56:01 pm »

Hi everyone! I just signed up to iCraft today. I am ready to go except I am not sure how much shipping costs to add to the price of my items. I'd like to include it in the overall price. Not sure the variations of costs within the US and internationally. Any advice?

Thanks!
Maple Leaf

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:01:00 am »

Including shipping costs into product price is not good for many reasons:
  • Your product price will increase unnecessary.
  • You wouldn't be able to charge different shipping amounts people from different geographic locations. E.g. locals would pay less, international customers more.
  • People often buy multiple items to save on shipping. This wouldn't be the case if you hide shipping costs inside the product price.
  • You couldn't offer Free Shipping with Coupons or Bundles.

That's just a few things that came to mind.
I'd research shipping costs to US, Canada and Europe (or International) at the post office and setup those 3 shipping profiles.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:08:36 pm »

I agree with Maple Leaf. I would take a packaged product, pick a few major cities in the US, Canad and Europe and ask the post office to price them.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  New to iCraft and not sure how to go about shipping costs
Jump to:  
Click