Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Title: getting feedback.
Pages: 1
Author

Title: getting feedback.

Andreas Creations

« on: November 19, 2014, 10:18:42 pm »

Hi community, I joined this site about a year ago and I haven't made any sales.  I am eager to learn what I can do to improve.  I have asked for some feedback recently before and I haven't received any comments yet.   I do look forward to hearing from somebody who can kindly take a look at my store and make some suggestions or ways that I can improve?  I look forward to meeting you and listening to any insight you may have.  Thank so much, Andrea
https://icraftgifts.com/andreas-creations
SarahMars

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:39:56 pm »

Hi Andrea,

I actually really like your products. Some photos could be improved, like more centered and zoomed on the product, but overall they are pretty good.
One thing I'd do is to pair up some items that go together in a set, and maybe offer some discounts for buying sets, especially on items related to Xmas. Just something to think about.  Roll Eyes
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:10 pm »

Hi Andrea,
Sorry you've been waiting for feedback. These forums are not as actively participated in as others. I usually watch but I don't always comment and I'm sure I'm not alone on that!  You have only 5 posts at this point too. I think a greater presence helps. That could mean anything though:
- posting in forums (not just this one but ones your customers might hang out in)
- blogging (either on your own or using the blogging tool provided by iCraft = blogging directly to iCraft's customers)
- advertising
- social media (FB, Twitter, pinterest, Google plus and the others)

Your shop announcement talks about beading; not about beading jewelry. Make sure those words appear together or very close together. For variety, sprinkle in types of jewelry: necklaces, bracelets, etc.

I agree with Sarah. Photos are okay but some could be brightened. Looks like you have a decent setup, but you could still edit the photos after taking them. There's a tutorial about brightness somewhere in the photography forums here. (I *think* I've posted it here before anyway.) There are several free photo-editing programs available.

Jewelry is competitive. I feel like you need LOTS of volume listed, unless you have something completely never-seen-before unique about them.

The description on this is very short. You are missing a lot of keyword opportunities:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/43527/christmas-rhinestone-green-satin-beaded-bracelet-with-vintage-re.php

I would never search for a "coin necklace" in the title of this listing.
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/63496/red-stone-unakite-and-picasso-jasper-coin-necklace.php
Maybe it would be better arranged as: red stone necklace with unakite and picasso jaspers
If that title doesn't make sense, well it just reflects that I don't know what unakite and picasso jasper refers to. Would your customers be that specific? Like, are you selling the stone? Or are you selling a style, a feeling, a state of mind (bold statement necklace) or something? Decide WHY customers would be attracted to your stuff and sell that. Sometimes, it *is* the materials, but often times it's not.

I hope that is helpful! Take it with a grain of salt. I've been here longer than you and rarely have sales myself. However, I will be the first to admit that I don't fully follow my own advice!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:12:52 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Title: getting feedback.
Jump to:  
Click