Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Not selling anything - need site review
Pages: 1
Author

Not selling anything - need site review

motherlodecrafts

« on: October 27, 2014, 08:32:40 pm »

I've even tried Google Adwords.. looking for some advice on selling on iCraftGifts.

Shared content:
]
Crochet by motherlodecrafts on iCraftGifts.com
Welcome to Motherlode Crafts! My shop is located in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California, the 'Motherlode' where gold was first discovered in California...
Read full story
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:34:28 pm by motherlodecrafts »
Craft Boutique

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:41 pm »

Hi there,

I like your products a lot and appreciate how much work goes into crocheted pieces, but I think for non-crafters (your potential buyers!) to appreciate that, they needs to see really amazing photos of your products. I'd re-shoot images with really dark and busy backgrounds. Also, I'd use people (perhaps family and friends) to model your hats and clothes. When I like something on others, its easier for me to make a purchasing decision.  Cheesy
Hope this helps!
SarahMars

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 12:21:22 am »

I agree with you, Craft Boutique, about using real people for showcasing your products.
I personally find mannequins creepy. Roll Eyes
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 06:43:20 pm »

I don't find mannequins creepy. I do notice that your outdoor photos have a heck of a lot better light. What about putting hats on a head-sized pumpkin? (You could even get a fake one so it keeps.)

You have sprinkled the word crochet in your shop announcement fairly well, but you haven't said what you crochet. You should work those words in too: hats, scarves, blankets etc. Your shop name doesn't immediately identify your craft, so you need to be especially vigilant with placing your keywords.

You could try Project Wonderful for cheap advertising options. I used it for a bit and got a WEE bit more traffic (not sales, but traffic) and I spent very little $. Haven't used it in a while though. (I do have ad spots on my blog available to others for free, right now though.)

Other than the title, this listing doesn't say what the product is:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/62755/crochet-boot-cuffs.php

Describe your product as if there is no photo (or title).
Take your photo's as if there's no description.

Think about alternate names for things. For example, your dishrags and face scrubbies could also be dish rags (with a space) or dish cloths and face cloths.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your iCraft presence!
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Not selling anything - need site review
Jump to:  
Click