Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 4, Bootcamp #6 - Twitter Marketing, Part 1
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Assignment 4, Bootcamp #6 - Twitter Marketing, Part 1

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: June 23, 2014, 03:02:24 am »

This week we'll have 2 assignments on Twitter Marketing.
As always, we'll start with the basics first.

The Assignment:

• Post your Twitter name in this thread, so we all could follow each other. (Register an account if you don't have one yet)
  • Research different hashtags that are good to follow, e.g. #handmade, #gifts, #shopping. Share your hashtags with the group and tell us which hashtags you use frequently and why.
  • Use Twitter share button on your iCraft product pages this week to share at least 2 items from your own store and 2 items from each Bootcamp participants' store each day. Let us know which hashtags you used to do that
  • Find and follow at least 10 new Twitter users this week that are posting about things relevant to your business. Following others is important because that's how you build your own following.
  • Re-twit posts from your fellow Bootcampers at least once a day.
  • Read from resources listed at the end of this post or by searching for "Twitter Marketing" online.
  • Tell us about your progress throughout the week, post questions and share learnings.

About Twitter:

Twitter is an online social networking website and microblogging service that allows users to post and read text-based messages of up to 140 characters, known as “tweets”. Launched in July of 2006 by Jack Dorsey. Twitter is now in the top 10 most visited internet sites.
As of January 1, 2014, the total number of active registered Twitter users was 645,750,000. See more Twitter stats.

Resources:

1. How does twitter work? Video
2. How Does Twitter Work For Business
3. 14 Ways to Use Twitter to Market Your Business
4. Use Twitter for your Business the Right Way
5. Twitter Help Center
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:04:19 am by iCraft Admin »
Hofkissed

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:54:27 am »

Excellent! This is an area I need help with!! Smiley

My twitter account is Hofkissed (www.twitter.com/hofkissed)

I've fooled around with all my social sites and have my Twitter account linked to my Facebook Business Page. Doing this however doesn't get me on Twitter much because I'm used to just posting on Facebook. Curious to read up on it all and see if this is the best strategy or not.

I also know that I have to remember to use those hashtags! Everywhere... but when I do remember, my two most commonly used are #stampinup and #handmade or #handcrafted. I use these because I'm a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and use the products in all my creations and because my products are handcrafted/handmade. I will be researching on others though that might be more helpful.

Also need help on gaining more followers and I also need to follow more people. Looking forward to this week's challenges!
Jewelry Made With Love

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

My Twitter name at this point is:  https://twitter.com/Sydneyslist

Will need to change it of course.

Changed to https://twitter.com/JewelryMadeWLov
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:43:14 pm by Jewelry Made With Love »
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »

I'm really new to Twitter. In fact I confess to not getting it. Why would anyone want to tell people about the details of their personal lives, and follow the details of someone else? I know I have a lot to learn, and I'm looking forward to working through the assignments towards a better understanding of the value of Twitter from a marketing point of view. Will report back later with a newly-minted Twitter account!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 11:21:59 pm »

towards a better understanding of the value of Twitter from a marketing point of view

Sorry to butt in on your bootcamp but I had some ideas I wanted to share:

I follow Michaels Craft Store and HGTV.  They are good examples of the marketing value of Twitter.  Twitter is great for short blasts of info like:
  • New product launch
  • Venues (like craft fairs) you'll be at
  • Sales/Deals/Promos
  • Add a picture of work in process to generate interest in your process and sneak peeks at what's in the pipeline
  • If you've been featured somewhere in an article
  • and I'm sure other stuff I'm not thinking of right now
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 11:33:06 pm »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

Those are great examples of the kind of content businesses share on Twitter. Thanks for the nice summary!
By the way, we just got an opening on this Bootcamp.  Wink 
Hofkissed

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:30 am »

Why would anyone want to tell people about the details of their personal lives, and follow the details of someone else?

I agreed with this Lannie. In fact, Twitter was about the only social media forum I didn't join, until recently. I started to see the value in it for business... plus, when you can link it to several other forums (like your iCraft account), I thought it would be a valuable asset to my business. I still don't use it too frequently, but that's why I'm particularly excited about this week's assignments!
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 10:22:42 pm »

Here is my Twitter account: The Knitting Lady http://twitter.com/iCraftKnitting

I'm following iCraftGifts.com @iCraft
NoriandChasesCorner @NoriandChases
Stephanie VanDorp @Hofkissed
iCraft Community @iCraftCommunity
Cindy Cavender @JewelryMadeWLov

I have yet to actually tweet.

Fairy Cardmaker, thanks for the examples of info that Twitter is suited for. I checked HGTV and Michael’s Craft Store, and I am beginning to see how marketing on Twitter could work.  Very helpful.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 12:06:47 am »

Please let me know how's everyone doing with the Twitter Assignment this week, before I post another one.
What have you done? What have you learned? Anything to share with the group?
Hofkissed

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:27 am »

I think I'm following everyone now. I'm still catching up on reading all the articles and trying to remember to tweet more, rather than just rely on having all my social accounts linked up. Smiley I'm going to go tweet right now...
NoriandChasesCorner

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 05:32:52 pm »

I have been working on the reading. I think I have a few more of you to follow. Will be this evening's work.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »

So how's the reading goes, NoriandChasesCorner?
Have you been twitting yet?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 10:23:26 pm »

Hofkissed, linking up accounts is smart, but you need to mix things up with some original content and re-twit good posts from relevant sources once in a while. Have you been twitting about other participants this week.

I wanted you all guys to twit as a group - twitting not only about your own products, but about other participant's stores as well. Also building connections and adding followers to your Twitter accounts. Are you doing all that?

Please post about your progress often, so I get a better picture of what you are doing.

I am going to move second assignment for this week to Monday, so everyone can catch up on reading etc. Please spend a bit more time exploring Twitter and tell us what you've learned. I want to see more questions from all of you too!
NoriandChasesCorner

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 10:47:30 pm »

I have been tweeting and looking for others to follow. I have found some interesting sites that I want to check out further. The reading has helped in figuring out some of the ins and outs.
Hofkissed

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:37 am »

Ok. I get it now! Sorry, I missed the part about tweeting from other shops (that makes sense though!!) and following other people. I follow a few but I guess I was just waiting for people to start following me?! I don't know why... I guess I didn't want to be following hundreds of people and only have a handful following me. However, with original content, re-tweeting and perhaps the mentality of "I follow you, you follow me", I gain more followers in the twitter world. Smiley

Question: what is the acceptable number of tweets per day? I don't want to go crazy now re-tweeting or tweeting everything I see that's interesting and bombarding people. Just curious...
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 4, Bootcamp #6 - Twitter Marketing, Part 1
Jump to:  
Click