Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Feedback, Help, Direction
Pages: 1
Author

Feedback, Help, Direction

Sallys Soap Kitchen

« on: April 05, 2014, 12:28:40 pm »

Hello Everyone, I'm new to Icraft and I'm left wondering what am I doing wrong. I realize that the shipping rate was very expensive, Canada post,?Huh So I've fixed that temporarily.  My next question is do you think my products are too expensive? or is it my write ups? There have been a lot of viewers but no bites. Any help suggestions, the brutal truth would be very much appreciated. Thank you. Sally Roll Eyes
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »

Your shipping charges are different from what you are stating in your Shipping Policy. That's misleading and confusing. You need to fix that ASAP.
Sallys Soap Kitchen

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:19:26 am »

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:54:19 am by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 08:54:46 pm »

I seem to be expert at "brutal" truth according to my coworkers! I am not on my regular machine but I will try to remember to poke around your shop over the weekend.

Welcome to iCraftgifts!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 05:04:52 am »

Hi Sally,

I still see a message below your "Shipping To Canada" profile that states a different shipping charge. You should not advertise different shipping charges from those set in your Shipping Profile, as that's what our system will charge buyers at the Checkout.

Here is what you have on your product pages:
-------------------------------------

Shipping to Canada:
$6.00 CAD by Canada Post.

Canada post for one item $8.94. 2 items....$8.94. SALLY'S APRIL SPECIAL 3 ITEMS $6...........
USA , 1-2 items purchased $10.66 shipping... SALLY' S TREAT BUY 3 ITEMS AND SHIPPING IS $8 👍👍👍
Free Delivery in the Greater Toronto Area on Orders $40+
-------------------------------------

This is not going to work. Our system is not setup to calculate all those discounts that you are mentioning. How did you plan to offer those discounts? I suggest you remove the message about shipping discounts, as it will create a confusion for buyers.

If you want to offer discounts to your customers who buy more than 1 item, I suggest you look into Coupons and Sets features, as well as adding discounted shipping charges for additional items under Shipping Profiles. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:12:29 am by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 05:31:16 am »

I would also suggest revising your product titles to make them more descriptive.
Here is an example of a title I would change.

Coffee for Men

I assume its a soap and not coffee, but you don't say that anywhere on the product page - not in the title or the description. When people search for your products online, what keywords are they most likely to use? Make sure you add those important keywords to you product copy, so people can actually find your items through search engines, like Google or Bing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:33:07 am by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:15:44 pm »

Hi Sally!  I totally agree with Admin - your titles are not going to get many hits in searches.  You need to use keywords people would type in to a search engine when they want to buy handmade soap or natural soap.  By far, fixing your titles should cause a noticeable change in traffic.

Your descriptions should reinforce the keywords. Some listing never even use the word soap in the titles or descriptions.

I would also recommend creating some more collections.  As a shopper, I would assume all soap is body soap unless otherwise specified.  Possibilities for your shop include:
  • For Sensitive Skin
  • For your Face
  • For your Hair
  • For your Feet (if you have any)
  • etc.

I have a question... these soap bars seem broken on one end.  Would the rough edge be sharp?  Would it hurt if I rubbed the soap directly to my body?

Suggestion: Sample packs?  I see you have a sample of the shampoo bar (I can't tell if the sample is one bar but it looks like three of the same bar.)  What about....
  • sample of soaps of different scents?
  • sample kits: scrub + soap + cream?
(Sometimes sample sizes can sell well for stocking stuffers or for bridal, baby shower and prom party goodie bags.

Those are my thoughts for now!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:17:18 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
SarahMars

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 01:59:09 am »

Hi Sally,
I like your soaps and your store looks lovely.  Cool
I agree with others. As a buyer I would want to see more info in a title, so it would grab my attention.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 09:35:57 pm »

Hi Sally, I won't sound like a broken record about the titles   Undecided

I love that your soaps are for different skin types offering different benefits....you should definitely emphasize those benefits in your descriptions.  I would recommend emphasizing the natural ingredients.   

Also I notice that you indicate in the listings you provide free samples with purchases.  Free samples of what?  Soap, shampoo, lotion?
A good strategy might be not to advertise you're providing a free sample.  Surprising customers with free samples may go farther, than having them expect their free item.

Your photos are good and clear.
Good luck.
Bibi
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 12:57:39 am »

wow, It looks like Sally couldn't take the "brutal truth".
She closed her account.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:58:46 am by iCraft Admin »
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Feedback, Help, Direction
Jump to:  
Click