Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Blogging frequency and multiple blogs
Pages: 1
Author

Blogging frequency and multiple blogs

Red Rock Designs

« on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:08 pm »

Hi,

I know that blogging daily is probably best.  I'm starting to keep a list of blog post ideas, and trying to use everyday life as inspiration.  Even if I'm just posting a photo with a caption.  But I've seen some vendors and self-employed photographers maintain multiple blogs...some with the same content and some with different content on each blog. 

What's the purpose of having multiple blogs?   Are there different audiences or potential customers for each blog?
And how do they come up with so much content to post...multiple times a week???

Thanks
Bibi
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:19:42 am »

Hi Bibi,

You don't have to blog daily. Just blog regularly to keep your followers engaged.

Multiple blogs are good if you blog about different things on them and target different groups of people. It's good for link building purposes as well - more links from various domains, not just one.

Re-posting the same (duplicate) content on various sites is a waste of time and can hurt your rankings. Search engines label those sites as low quality sites and downgrade (or hide) them from search results. So fresh unique content is always the best, even if it's just a photo with a tagline, as you've suggested.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Blogging frequency and multiple blogs
Jump to:  
Click