Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  What to post on media sites
Pages: [1]
Author

What to post on media sites

Red Rock Designs

« on: February 01, 2014, 02:53:32 pm »

Hi,  I remember in the last Seller's Bootcamp we learned tips of what to post on specified media sites, so if there's a link, can you re-post the link?

Specifically, I have accounts on Facebook and Instagram.  What types of photos should be posted on either site? 
Normally, I post everyday pics and new products on Instagram, and keep Facebook for new products only.

Is this the optimal way to do it?
Thanks
Bibi
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:47:04 pm »

Hi Red Rock Designs,

I suspect its different for everyone and probably depends on who your followers are on FB & Instagram, and what they like when you share on those 2 social media sites. Your friends and family would want to see more personal images, while potential buyers would be more interested in your latest work and upcoming sales.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:45:46 pm »

I don't have either but I'm opinionated, so I'm going to toss in my wild guess!

Truly, I don't think it matters much what outlets you use for what purpose.  What matters is who you wan to attract.

Having said that, I think it is common for Facebook to have an element of commerce.  There are a lot business pages on Facebook.  So, those who frequent it might be more predisposed to product awareness types of posts.  I would recommend continuing with the new product there (and announcing sales and vendor booths and consignment shops).

Instagram seems more like a sharing-the-moment kind of site.  I wonder if audiences there would respond better to pieces "in action".  LIke: Here's someone wearing my XYZ with their ABC outfit or with a specific colour scheme or achieving a special look.  Perhaps a more demonstrative view of your work?  Even showing how your display in a brick'n'mortar shop looks is more like real life that just product.

Just thoughts.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:19:48 am »

Thank  you both for responding.  I'm starting to see what other vendors on media sites are posting as well, to get a clearer idea.
Bibi
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  What to post on media sites
Jump to:  
Click