Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  I would really appreciate feedback
Pages: [1]
Author

I would really appreciate feedback

Paper Violet

« on: January 19, 2014, 08:53:22 pm »

Hi there, I am a first time crafter and seller and would welcome any advice about what works and where I can make changes to improve.  Thanks for your help, Heather
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:38:08 pm »

Welcome to iCraft!  I'll cycle back to this thread when I have more time.  Just wanted to wave hello though.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:57:45 pm »

Hi Paper Violet and welcome to iCraft! 

My first suggestion is to re-word your specialty, to emphasize your beaded creations are from upcycled or recycled paper products.  So instead of “I roll and recycle scrap paper and cards into bead in hope of reducing what goes in the recycle bin.”  Be very specific, because your specialty appears after your name in the Stores section.  Some suggestions are:

Beaded jewelry made from upcycled or recycled paper
Recycled paper beaded jewelry
Paper beaded jewelry
Beaded Jewelry made with hand cut recycled paper

In the profile, a small change-up would be to list what you make in the first 2 or 3 sentences, then go into the why.  Basically, your last 2 sentences should be at the beginning, so customers know right away what you make and how you make it.

Your photos are good but should be brighter to show off all the pretty colours of the beads.  Also, think about adding at least 2 or 3 photos for each listing.

Try to include what the item is in the title of the listing, for instance with this:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/46575/recycled-greeting-card.php

The title is Recycled Greeting Card.  As a customer I think I’m opening a listing for a greeting card made from recycled paper.  But it’s not, it’s a bracelet.  Try something like: "Green bracelet, recycled paper beads", or "Paper bead bracelet in green".  Then in the description you can include that it’s made from a recycled greeting card.

Very original idea…recycled paper beads.  For more tips be sure to read through some of the other store critiques as well. Most of the advice is useful for all types of products.
Good luck
Bibi
Paper Violet

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:19 pm »

Thank you so much for the great feedback I really appreciate it.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:50:50 pm »

Great points, Bibi!

I totally agree with highlighting the upcycled nature of your products.  To "recycle" is to convert waste into re-usable materials.  To "upcycle" is to reuse discarded objects or material in such a way as to create a product of a higher quality or value than the original.  So, I would use "upcycle" more than recycle if I were you.  By all means, do use "recycle" as well, but make sure you are indicating that you are adding value.

Your shop announcement isn't very attention grabbing, especially with a cliche at the end.  How about something like:
"Can you believe it's paper?  Yes - Upcycled paper beads!"

I agree with Bibi on photos too.  There is always room for improvement with photos.  Customers can't touch your product so you really have to capture it for them by striving for ever higher photo quality.

You have some repeated titles. Try to vary them.  Here are some iterations:
Paper bead bracelet made from scrapbook paper
[Colour] paper beaded bracelet
[Colour] upcycled paper bead bracelet
Upcycled paper bead bracelet
Recycled paper beaded bracelet
[although I'm not sure the customer will care if it's from a greeting card or scrapbook paper.  I think they would only care if it was from THEIR greeting card]

How about using iCraft's Collections feature?  What would make good groupings for your store?
Sizes?
Colours?
Charmed bracelets?

You'll have to tackle each listing and apply these next two tips.
Your descriptions are way too short.  Describe your product as if there were no photo.  What colour is it? What size is it? (You says one size fits most, but what is the diameter of the bracelet?  If it's stretchy, whats the max and min?)  What size are those beads?  Are your bracelets lightweight compared to traditional jewelry?

Beef up your tags.
Example: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/46567/paper-bead-bracelet-made-from-recycled-get-well-cad.php
Existing Tags: rain drops, blue
Additional tags suggested: bracelet, paper beads, upcycled, recycled, stretch bracelet, rolled paper, paper jewelry,

Hope that helps!!  Your product is a novel idea!
Paper Violet

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:52:56 pm »

Thank you for all the great advice I am getting my butt kicked with a horrid head cold but as soon as I can think straight I will start making changes. I reall really appreciate this. Heather
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  I would really appreciate feedback
Jump to:  
Click