Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Would appreciate a store critique, please
Pages: [1]
Author

Would appreciate a store critique, please

NoriandChasesCorner

« on: January 15, 2014, 07:12:04 pm »

I would greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts or ideas on my store. I have many more items to add but would like to know if I'm on the right track or what would benefit from changes. Thank you to anyone who takes the time out of their day to critique.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:55 pm »

Welcome to iCraft!

Your titles and descriptions are already pretty good.  I'm very glad to see the wash instructions.  There are spelling mistakes here and there (which look like they are a result of typing too fast.  I do that ALL the time.)  Maybe ask one of your daughters to proof read the listings so that a second pair of eyes will see what your own read over.

Some changes I would make to your store description:
Our family run store offers crocheted afghans, kitchen towels, stuffed animals, friendship bracelets and much more. It is the work of several family members

AND

The majority of our work is one of a kind an one time offer so once an item is gone, it is unlikely to more than likely will not be listed again. Don't wait too long if you find something you really like. We hope that you will find a treasure for your home or for someone special. Thank you for taking the time to look thruthrough our store.

In this listing:
What would you think will get more searches?
Hand made teddy bear? OR Camouflage teddy bear?

I would start the description using: "This hand made teddy bear is outfitted in green camouflage and ready for action!"

You use "probably" twice in that description.  Aren't you the expert?  You should be!  Be firm.  It either should or should not be with a child who puts things in their mouth or it should or should not be machine washed.  Not probably.

In this listing:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/44809/hand-woven-heart-friendship-bracelet.php
The description never says what it is (bracelet).

You give inches for measurements.  Consider also metric (metres and centimetres) unless you don't ship to countries that use the metric system.

That's all I can think of for now!  You've got tags, you've got categories.  Looks pretty good.
NoriandChasesCorner

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:30 pm »

THANK YOU! I will definitely make the changes. I appreciate your help. If you should think of any thing else, please let me know. If anyone else has more suggestions to add, I would like hear them also.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 12:19:10 am »

You are very welcome.

As I posted in another critique:
One of the things people say is to describe your product as if you had NO photos.  Search engine robots that read and catalogue pages don't have eyes.  They catalogue only the text.  So, re-read all product listings with a checklist.  Make sure you help your buyers:

Understand what it is - the main product category needs to appear in the description somewhere.
    Understand how to use it (wear, wash, etc.)
    Understand how durable it is (what it's made of)
    Know what colour it is.
    Know what size it is.

That's what comes to the top of my mind.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 11:16:27 am »

Excellent tip Fairy Cardmaker!  I never thought of it that way before (that search engines can't see photos, they can only read text)....and it works for all products.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Would appreciate a store critique, please
Jump to:  
Click