Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Former Project Runway® Designers Come Together for a New Handmade Design Contest
Pages: [1]
Author

Former Project Runway® Designers Come Together for a New Handmade Design Contest

And the Design Winner is

« on: December 06, 2013, 01:04:01 am »

My name is Nikki Aksamit. In my “normal life” I am a children's book author and freelance writer originally from Winnipeg, Canada. With my five year old daughter as inspiration however, I began to design a new children's jewelry line. I started browsing eBay, Artfire and Etsy to see what was already out there and I realized how much handmade design talent there actually is! Handmade designers put their heart and souls into every piece and truly do create works of art! I wanted to create a contest where handmade designers would not only have the chance to win a cash prize, but where they could get some free advertising for their online store or website as well. I reached out to some of my favorite former Project Runway® Designers (as well as a couple of NY stylists and a two time Emmy Award™  winning costume designer!) and was lucky enough to get a few of them on board as celebrity judges! Former Project Runway® designers Jay McCarroll, Peach Carr and Suede graciously came on board and voila, And the Design Winner is... was born! The site can be viewed at http://andthedesignwinneris.com. Entries are open for December’s category and theme of “Holiday Necklaces”. January’s contest “It’s Winter!  Earrings” is also accepting entries!

This contest is only a couple of weeks old and we already have some incredibly beautiful entries! And the Design Winner is... is open to international entries. Please help us get the word out about this exciting opportunity for those in the handmade community!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:09:23 am by iCraft Admin »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Former Project Runway® Designers Come Together for a New Handmade Design Contest
Jump to:  
Click