Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Spam and Scam Alerts  >  Scam Email from Lori Amber
Pages: [1]
Author

Scam Email from Lori Amber

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: September 26, 2013, 11:49:32 pm »

Hello iCrafters,

We received a new warning from one of the iCraft Sellers about the scammer that contacted hem through the site. Please don't respond to people who are asking you to bypass our online payment system because they are overseas or for some other reason.

"I have been involved in a scam through iCraft. On Monday, I received an iCraft- ask a question email  from Lori Amber regarding my most recent listing on iCraft. She asked me to respond to her own email. Over the last four days "she" wanted to pay me directly through PayPal and then wanted to send other money to me to pay for shipping overseas on her behalf. I didn't know why she didn't want to pay through iCraft. I checked with PayPal and they called this Phishing.. I just wanted to let you know about this attempt to scam me through the vehicle of iCraft. I think other vendors on iCraft should also be warned of such activity."~ Thanks, Bill M.

Please let us know if you were also approached by this person or anyone else suspicious. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:42:29 am by iCraft Admin »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Spam and Scam Alerts  >  Scam Email from Lori Amber
Jump to:  
Click