Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 4, Bootcamp #5 - Rinse and Repeat
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Author

Assignment 4, Bootcamp #5 - Rinse and Repeat

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 12:03:27 am »

So I asked you guys why we should focus on promoting store page first, when we work on backlinks.

So here are 3 main reasons:

• If you try to promote multiple pages, you will be spreading your efforts thin for no reason, and most likely will not get the results you need. Even large websites don't promote every single page. When it comes to SEO, the reality is everyone focuses only on a handful of pages that we know will bring more relevant traffic, and convert better than other pages.
  • Product pages can disappear when you sell your products, and with them all your backlinks disappear as well. Your store page on the other hand, will always exist and accumulate links over time.
  • Store page promotes more than one product, so when people land on it, there is more chances that they will like something and click to explore more vs. one product page that doesn't give people the same variety of products.

Jajejems got 2 answers out of 3, so I guess she is the winner of this unofficial competition.  Grin
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 11:01:28 am »

I have another review started this week.  I had a sale of 4 items and I am wondering if all this work attracted her. She was on a website for handmade jewelry and my website popped up!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:03:55 am by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 11:28:03 am »

Congrats on a new sale, Kat! If she found you on Google than its possible that your rankings improved. Can you ask her which keywords she used when she found your store?
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 12:06:32 pm »

she was searching beaded jewelry
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 11:06:27 pm »

That's great, Kat! Your store is optimized for beaded jewelry and you are now attracting people searching for those keywords.
JaJeJems

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 09:07:34 am »

Hi Kat guess that shows that it does work!  Well done!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:15:14 pm by iCraft Admin »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 4, Bootcamp #5 - Rinse and Repeat
Jump to:  
Click