Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 3, Bootcamp #5 - Product Reviews
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Author

Assignment 3, Bootcamp #5 - Product Reviews

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: April 15, 2013, 03:08:54 am »

This week, you are going to work with your list of sites, that you hand-picked, try to establish connections with some of those site owners and see if they'd be willing to do a product review on one of your items.  

If you’ve ever done sales, you probably know that making “cold calls” is the hardest job there is and not that effective either. So don’t use that approach – don’t ask people that have never heard of you to do something for you - with nothing in return. Start a conversation and try to get to know them first. Ask how they promote their blog or store. Then, you will see yourself what the best way to approach them about backlinks and product reviews. Keep in mind that there has to be something for them – a win/win.  I will provide a few ideas below, but you have to choose the best approach in every situation.

Product Reviews by other bloggers is probably the quickest way for you to get bloggers to agree to give you a backlink from their site to yours and that what we are going to focus on this week.

Product Reviews – what to consider:

• First, read a bit about Product Reviews & SEO to educate yourself on this topic.
  • See if any of your contacts would be willing to write up a product review on one of your products.
  • You don't need many links from their post. You just need one good link - closer to the top of the page and incorporating best practices for anchor text (we covered this before - you need to make sure you don't use the same anchor text on all backlinks - variety is the key!)
  • Make sure you are working with your Keywords list that we created for your store pages - to suggest best anchor text for your links in those posts.
  • Make sure you are linking to your iCraft stores - those pages that we optimized for particular keywords in previous Bootcamp and those are the pages that we are promoting now.
  • Links incorporated into the article copy and closer to the top of the page are considered higher quality links, as they are usually editorially chosen.
  • You don't want links to be in the right or left column or the footer.
  • You can even suggest that you'd be ok, if they simply mentioned your store in one of their articles on a related topic, along with other crafters. Those types of links are as good, as the links from pages covering your products exclusively.
  • One thing that you are not interested in right now is reciprocal links - you link to me and I link to you. But don't say no. Show me what they are asking and I'll see what's the best way to handle that.
  • In return, you can offer those bloggers one of your products.  
  • Not all bloggers will want to write the post themselves. They might ask you to do that for them and then they will include your copy or the whole post on their site. So be ready to do that for them.
  • Make it easier for people to contact you!
    Make sure you let other bloggers, that land on your sites/blogs know that you are willing to donate an item for a review or that you are looking to connect with other bloggers. Even mention that you would consider featuring them in your blog too. Add a paragraph on your own blog on the About and/or Contact page inviting other bloggers to contact you and provide a contact box.

At the end of the week (Saturday or latest Sunday afternoon), please post your report on what you've learned and how successful your product review attempts were. Here are the things I am looking for - how many personal connections you've established, but maybe didn't get to discuss product reviews just yet, how many agreed to do a product review, how many interesting things you've heard back from the site owners, like them asking you for backlinks as well etc.

Even if you didn't land a single product review this week, it's all good, as long as you try. You will still learn a lot. Don't rush! It's not a competition, but a learning experience. Also, don't forget to ask questions & good luck to you all!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:12:07 am by iCraft Admin »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:21:59 pm »

I am being thick headed again.   How do I put a link of another store on my store? Or is it in a blog which I can do.  Also can I write a blog about a store on another website if she says yes and review her pendants and offer to review others if they contact me?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:00:23 am by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 08:48:12 am »

Hi Kat,

We don't provide a way for sellers to place links on their store pages, especially links that would point to another store somewhere else. And why would you want to do that anyway? That link would take people away from your store - something you want to avoid.

You can add links on your blog posts. However, we review all posts and only allow links that make sense and don't drive traffic to competing pages. It would have to be a killer post with super engaging content for us to leave links to Etsy or any other competing sites in it.

If you want to use our blog for product reviews, I'd suggest you mix up products mentioning iCraft and non-iCraft sellers, incorporating links to their blogs and not their stores. Again, it would have to be a very good post, as we prefer promoting our own sellers.

Or you can use your own blog to link to their stores. Just don't do reciprocal links from one site to another. Those just cancel each other. Hope this helps.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »

Huh...speaking of reviews...I just received an email from Frugal Mommy offering a product review for the cost of about $35.00.  Are these types of offers something we should consider?  I'm afraid if we have to pay for reviews, it won't have the same effect as if another individual artist reviewed our product....from artist to artist. 

Thoughts?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »

Yes, you should definitely consider that. Mommy blogs are great, as your potential buyers visit those blogs. And it's not uncommon to pay anywhere from $50 to $150 for those reviews.

If you want to save money, you can split that cost with other jewelry designers and 2 or 3 of you would be mentioned in a review. As I mentioned before, those links are as good, as if you were the only one mentioned in the review. The only downside is that people might click on someone else's store link and not yours.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 02:45:43 pm »

I was approached also by Frugel Mommy and since I have been following 3 of these mommy blogs I accepted and will be 'aired' in the morning.  Check it out in the morning to see if they did ok and if you want to.
JaJeJems

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »

I was also approached by frugal mommy.  I will see how Kat does!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:47:22 pm by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 10:50:31 pm »

Kat, could you please post URL of that post in the morning?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:37:29 pm by iCraft Admin »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 11:09:43 pm »

http://www.frugalmommyof2girls.com/
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 11:19:34 pm »

Ok, thanks, Kat! Looks like a popular blog.
Did she say how long her post will be? Did you provide her with your store URL, preferred keywords and some product shots?
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 11:51:29 pm »

I forget how long Yes to other
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 02:04:29 pm »

My review is nice on frugel mom and it stays on, no limit
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »

Just ask her to remove numerous links to your store from random words in the article, like "present" or "mothers day". One link at the top on your store name, linking to your store, and a few from product names and product images, linking directly to product pages is enough. Otherwise, it doesn't look natural. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:25:55 pm by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 09:18:25 pm »

Approaching people is not my thing.  However, I did meet a couple people through a charity team I participate on which I found via blogs: one runs the blog and the other is a fellow card-making team member who has a home stamping business and a nicely laid out blog (she used to work in advertising).

I made a card using stamps I bought from her and already posted it to my blog.  If she reviews it to discuss it critically, is that okay?  It's not quite duplicate content but it is a duplicate product picture.  (Actually, it's the newest card in my shop!)

The other person who runs the team blog might welcome a guest post.  Again, it would be something I made for the team and have already posted on my own blog, but I am certain I could use a completely different content angle.  Is that good?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:20:55 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 09:22:59 pm »

I don't know how successful everyone is, but no one is responding to my email or contact me.  I have 3 other website I like but  I am not in their league, I could never ask for a review there.  I am getting discouraged.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:26:45 am by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 01:24:01 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

"Approaching people" is not anyone's thing.  Cheesy It's hard. The easier way is to pay for reviews and links, but who has that kind of budget, right? So we have to be creative and find other ways of getting those backlinks. I suggest starting by establishing connections and building relationships online with other cardmakers. Once you know more about them, you'll see what you could do for them in exchange for the links. As I said before, it has to be a win/win.

If that fellow cardmaker reviews your new card posted in your store and mentions it with a link back to your product page, and hopefully, one link to your iCraft store on her blog, that's exactly what you want! There is no issue with the duplicate content, as she is adding her commentary and not posting product photo with products descriptions as is posted on your page.

As for the second post, yes, use slightly different copy and mention who you are with the link to your store (and maybe your blog as well). The goal is to have at least 1 link to your store from other sites, so guess blogging is ideal for that.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 01:47:01 am »

Hi Kat,

Don't get discouraged, but at the same time don't expect things to happen fast. You are just trying something new that you haven't done before, so take smaller steps. As long as you move in the right direction, it's all good!  Grin

If you think you won't be successful asking those bloggers for a review, then don't! Instead, do a review on them and mention that to them on their Facebook or Blog. Do something for them and there is a chance they'll mention you on their site or re-tweet your post. You might not get a direct backlink, but some mention from others, which is all part of building connections, and essentially, visibility online, can go a long way.

Btw, did you ask frugal mommy to remove those excessive links from her review? Those are not good links, as they don't have right anchor text that you need, and too many of the links with different anchor text, but pointing to the same page, looks spammy, so you definitely want to get rid of those.
JaJeJems

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 08:28:44 am »

I am also not good at approaching people and I have made a lot of comments and sent emails that have turned out to be dead ends - no interest in starting a conversation, one word responses etc.  I reviewed all those hot prospects that I thought I had last week and have narrowed it down to a couple.  I added a person to my list who had contacted me months ago about doing a product review-back before I knew that was a good thing.  I checked out her blog again and decided to contact her.  She wants people to donate jewellery for prizes.  She is going to do a blog about us but not until October!  I also went back to a site called Flourish & Thrive Academy where you can apply for them to do a product review.  They have sent me a list of questions to answer so basically I write it myself.  That doesn't bother me but I may need some advice on anchor text etc.  Won't send it until we talk.  I like the site.  

Went back to the Fashion Designer blog that I loved last week-still think her content is interesting and fun but I am not as sure now if it would be a good place?   She has a ton of ads flashing everywhere on the site.  Putting it aside for now.

Met a lampwork beader from England who is setting up a studio in her boat.  I was thinking of asking her if I could do a blog on her set up which, based on what admin just wrote might be a good idea.  Another lampworker that I met sends her beads away to be annealed which is very unusual and another sea glass designer has a new studio so that might also give me some good blogging material and I did already do her a favour by pointing out that  I was unable to comment on her blogs.  She is going to get that fixed pretty quickly.

Don't get discouraged Kat!  I was last week and I still feel that some of the people on my list are out of my league too!  You should be encouraged - you already have a review!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:25:05 am by JaJeJems »
JaJeJems

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 10:26:52 am »

Just a question.  Has anyone else been on a website called Hybrid Her?  They match up designers and "mavens".  Not sure what to make of it.

Another thought.  I met a jewellery designer thru Facebook who has a website and blogs regularly.  It looks newish but she does ask for Input to her blogs.  I commented on one of her blogs and got a reply.  I thought one approach would be to give her a seaglass pendant or glass bead(s) to use in her jewellery maybe in a exchange for a mention or blog review.  I think my question is:  should I spend my time pursuing  a review on a site that is new and not well established?
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 10:33:05 am »

Frugel mommy fixed the links
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 11:04:55 am »

Yes, I saw that, Kat. Looks much better! Keep this in mind in the future and maybe communicate that upfront.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 11:11:14 am »

Hi JaJeJems,

I would if the site looks alive and promoted regularly on social media. You could get away with something smaller in exchange for a link on those sites - like mention her site on your FB page. If she is new, she is trying to promote her site too.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:09 pm »

I haven't asked for reviews directly either.  I have commented on a few blogs and Facebook photos.  I've posted other people's jewelry and items in my Tumblr blog, but I'm not sure if the artist actually knows I did it.  Undecided

I thought about sending out messages offering a reciprocal type of blog post....you review me and I review you.  Not sure if that would get a lot of responses. 
I did get a Facebook Like from someone that I contacted!

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 08:51:45 am »

Hi Red Rock Designs,

You should let other crafters know that you mentioned them on your blog. Just send a quick message saying how much you appreciate their work and mention your store. They may re-tweet your blog post or mention your blog or your store on their site or FB page. That's how you can get some links without asking for them.

However, I mentioned before that we don't really want reciprocal links from one site to another. So ideally, you'd mention her on your blog and she mentions your iCraft store on hers. Do you see the difference? Reciprocal links are no ideal, as they kinda cancel each other. You your FB page, your other social media platforms or even iCraft blog for this reason. (though it would have to be a pretty interesting post for us to approve it. Cheesy )

If you are going to do a review of someone else's work, it's probably better to write about 3-4 different artists in the same post, incorporating a theme into it, like "Chainmaille Jewelry Ideal for Spring", featuring many pieces of various jewelry designers. Then, you email all those guys with questions or tell them after you post it, if you have enough info to write that post without their input.

Either way, you will probably get a couple links from those people only because they'd want share your article where they were mentioned. Think what would you do if someone mentioned you in their review? You'd want to let everyone know, right? Smiley
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 08:54:23 am »

This is what happened this week.  I spent HOURS looking for beading jewelry people who blog.  Most of what I found was bead weaving, wire wrapping or people far advanced over my head.  I did try to contact 3 of them and got no response. 
        But as for reviews, I have been having fun.  Only they are not with jewelry people.  They only do reviews and giveaways.  They have alot of followers too. I did have a review and giveaway done in exchange for pieces.  And 3 days later I was approached for a small fee to have a review done, I did.  There seems to be alot of traffic to my store, I am keeping tract-185 visitors in 2 days.  I also have another review in exchange for pieces coming up, the pieces are in the mail.  So that is 3 reviews but not by fellow jewelers.
       I also wrote a blog about a metalist who I get some pendants from. Unfortunately I had to put the blog on my website, but I want to share the experience because it has been so much fun. I have really gotten to know this person and she has generously gifted many pendants. I felt compelled to write a blog about her and her craft and she was thrilled and excited. She had all her friends check it out.  So I had an increase in traffic and free products and so much fun.
     So the week has been productive, meeting great people and the fun and happy feelings too.
JaJeJems

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 11:20:09 am »

Wow Kat you don't sound discouraged now.  Guess I had better pull up my sox today!  Good work!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »

That's great, Kat! And you are not even a professional link builder. You'll get better and better, if you keep practicing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:52:31 am by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 10:56:46 am »

So how did the rest of you do this week? Any more success stories, lessons learned, new connections? SilverDawnJewe­lry is out, as I haven't heard from her all week. So we now have only 4 people participating. Oh well...  Roll Eyes at least it's an even number, so I could pair you up for the next assignment.  Wink
JaJeJems

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »

Here I am with my week's summary.  Not as impressive as Kat, I am afraid!

Approached two lampworkers about writing blogs about their studios - waiting for responses
Approached two jewellery designers about product reviews on their sites - waiting for responses

All of these are people who I have had ongoing conversations with so I am expecting at least a response from them

I have a product review booked for October with a fashion jewellery blogger

I have two sites that I am supposed to write blogs for - have the guidelines, just have to write them Smiley

Still commenting etc on blogs and websites but a lot of people just don't respond.

Still having fun!

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 01:10:27 pm »

That's a great attitude, JaJeJems!   Grin

You've done a lot actually. Looks like you have a long-term strategy, which is great. I'd suggest keeping track of all those activities and future commitments in a spreadsheet or a schedule, or even add those events to your mobile or web Calendar, so you get alerts and follow up with others on time.

Also, keep track in a separate column the number of backlinks you are getting and from which sites. So you know who to approached already. Over time you may forget and ask the same people again.  Embarrassed
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 02:56:05 pm »

This week wasn't too productive for me, since I'm taking a Risk Management course and my assignment was due today.

But I did accept Frugal Mommy's offer for a blog review.  Here is the link:  http://www.frugalmommyof2girls.com/2013/04/red-rock-designs-mothers-day-gift-guide.html

I wasn't too impressed with it...the product reviews are a cut & paste of my listing, so to me it sounds repetitive.  My shop page views have increased, but I don't know exactly how much traffic the review brought.

I'm continuing to leave comments on blogs and FB pages, and still searching for more chainmaille vendors. I think I may need to expand blog searches to include metal jewelry and wire wrapped jewelry...which seems to be the closest to chainmaille, as opposed to beaded jewelry.

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 04:34:36 pm »

Thanks for the update, Red Rock Designs! No problem about slow pace. As long as you try a few ideas and do the research regularly, you are getting into a habit of thinking about link building and seo.

wow, looks like Frugal Mommy never heard of seo. Good lesson for everyone! You need to pay attention of what kind of links bloggers include in their reviews.

Same advise, as I gave to Kat - please ask Frugal Mommy to remove all the links from her post on multiple words, like "handmade jewelry",  "necklace", "chainmaille". You don't want many links to your store, all from the same article, but with different keywords. That's very unnatural and doesn't help you with link building.  Roll Eyes

Basically, ask her to leave 2 links to your store - one on your store name (first link in the article) and then another one on "chainmaille jewelry". But remove the rest of the links and then ask her to add 2-3 links on product names that she is referring to in the article, like "Byzantine chainmaille bracelet". However, link that phrase directly to product page, and not your store page.
JaJeJems

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 05:04:06 pm »

I wanted to share a discussion that I saw on lampworketc website. It was called Link Building so of course I clicked on it, hoping to find something useful for the group.  I don't remember the exact words but it went sort of like this:

Person A. Does Anyone know about link building.  I hear that the more links you have  the easier it is for google to find you.  Here is my link ......

Person B. thanks here is mine ..........if you want to put it on your website but I don't know how to put yours on my website

Person A.  Thanks, I can tell you how to do that ........

Person A back again. Oh I just found out something more about link building, you have to include a little phrase with your link too so here is mine........

I wasn't able to comment as I was a guest on the site and when I went back and signed in so that I could comment the discussion seemed to have disappeared!  I did think to myself - if only it was that simple!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:24:01 pm by JaJeJems »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 06:52:51 pm »

Yes, if it was only this simple!  Ha ha  Cheesy Great story though illustrating how little most people know about seo, backlinks or proper ways of promoting themselves online. Sometimes a bit of knowledge can be dangerous, if you apply it incorrectly.

That's why this Bootcamp exist, so we can review individual cases, answer your specific questions and learn from each others experiences. Imagine trying to figure out all this seo stuff without being able to ask anyone for advice! I am surprised that more people don't participate in this program, as this is pretty valuable information for anyone, who wants to be successful online. And you are learning it all at your own pace. Oh well...  Roll Eyes Hopefully, more people reading Bootcamp threads and taking notes too. That's all we can hope for.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:24 pm »

I'm behind.  I just sent out my two requests: one for the review and one to guest post.  I expect positive responses.

General Question: If I ran more than one blog with different logins, would links from each of them be two separate links?  Or does the internet somehow know that the same IP runs them both?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 11:40:34 pm »

Thanks for the update, Fairy Cardmaker! No worries. We are going to move at the pace you all are comfortable with.

To answer your question, it depends on where your blogs are hosted. Nothing to do with the login. If you are using blogging platforms like blogger or Wordpress without installing them on your server, then there is no connection between the two blogs. The two would be considered as 2 separate sites. If you tell me your blog urls and how you plan to use them, I can tell you what makes most sense from seo perspective.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 07:29:33 pm »

My Dad just passed away Sunday so I am doing my homework at odd hours.  It will be a busy week for me and I should keep up.  I already requested 2 reviews, have not heard and I am having a giveaway on my website so we will see what happens.
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 07:56:16 pm »

Kat, sorry to hear your news! My thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your family.
Lannie
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:05 pm »

Kat, sorry to hear of your dad's passing.  My thoughts are with you!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:00 pm »

Admin:
I sometimes run a team blog for an Etsy team.  Most of the time, I post only team treasuries.  I haven't touched it since February (it's a very loose team).  But, sometimes we do challenges or sometimes I feature a team member's newest creation, a craft show, or whatever.  So, sometimes I can put a link to my own shop in an article (but it's Etsy because it's an Etsy centric team.)

The other blog is the charity team I participate on.  That's the one I've asked about doing a guest post about one of our recent challenges.  (We make cards for the children at Toronto's Sick Kids Hospital.)  Sometimes I get a link from there, but it is usually to my blog.  When I guest post (if she lets me guest post), I'm going to put the link to my shop.

Both of these blogs are on Blogger, so I wondered if it was good or bad to have blogger always being the referring site.

UPDATE: I got a go ahead on the card review.  I will start working with her this week.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:49:27 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 08:12:44 pm »

Another question:
To make my review mutually beneficial, I offered to review the stamps I used on the card (and other sets from the same manufacturer.).  The lady who will review my card sells them as an independent demonstrator (like pampered chef or party lite idea, but stamps).  I have linked to her blog before, because she came to do a party at my house (where we made cards).

To give her a different variety, could I post my review of the stamps on my iCraft blog?  They are not handmade and they may compete with handmade stamp makers.  The post would be about what I think of the quality of the stamps and what I see as the benefits and drawbacks.  Is that okay?  Or do you not want to have any posts about commercial products (even though they can be used to make handmade products)?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 08:28:45 pm »

Very sorry to hear about your dad, Kat!  Cry
Don't worry about your homework. We'll wait for you to catch up when you are ready.
JaJeJems

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 08:44:17 pm »

Kat, I am very sad to hear about your Dad.  I will be thinking about you in the days to come.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 11:56:03 pm »

Kat, I'm sorry for your loss. 
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 12:40:44 am »

Thank you guys
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 01:05:24 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

Two sites on Blogger platform is fine, as they'll have different sub-domains.

If possible, mention your iCraft store on the Etsy team blog, without making it sound out of context. Maybe mention it in a context of where you sell your creations? Like "Canadian buyers can also visit my iCraft store" (and add URL on your store name or on the phrase "my iCraft store"). That would be an extra backlink for you from one more site for which you didn't have to pay for or do much work to get it. So it's a plus!

As for the card review on another blog - definitely add a link to your store there, since you've never done that. This way, you'd get a second link in a single week. Awesome!  Grin

Yes, it's actually a good idea to use your second blog, like iCraft blog, in some instances to avoid reciprocal links from one blog to another. For example, if someone writes about you on their blog and links to your blog. You don't want to write about them on your blog and link back to them. Instead, you'd want to use another blog to link to their blog.

As for the commercial products, you can write your review on them on our blog, as long as you provide people with the ideas on how they can be used in handmade creations. Any tips, advise and examples of your work using those stamps would be fine. We want posts that add value to our readers and relate in some way to the handmade nature of the site. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:08:13 am by iCraft Admin »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 02:33:36 pm »

I have 2 items for review and they are not for sale any more, do I put them on reserved or hold so the link works.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 02:41:01 pm »

Kat, better put on Reserved and email person the link to that product page.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 3, Bootcamp #5 - Product Reviews
Jump to:  
Click