Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 2, Bootcamp #5 - Researching Blogging Community
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Author

Assignment 2, Bootcamp #5 - Researching Blogging Community

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 01:54:38 pm »

Never feel bad about doing something good!  Smiley
Sounds like a relevant post, Kat.  Lannie will review it.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 03:59:48 pm »

Sorry admin,  it is on my business website
http://www.jewelrybykat.net/blog/2013/04/11/7000-Bracelets-for-Hope.aspx
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:12:39 pm by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 04:27:40 pm »

Ahhh... No problem! You were asking how to add links on words yesterday, so I assumed you were writing on iCraft blog.  Roll Eyes

I checked your post, Kat. I think you could add, at least, one link on your post to your jewelry store on iCraft, to capture traffic that's otherwise lost. You could simply add a link on phrase like - I donated one of my Jewelry sets to .... So "my Jewelry sets" would be a link to your store or specifically, to your Jewelry Sets collection in your store, if you have one setup. It will look quite natural and relevant to your readers.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 04:54:49 pm »

I have icraftgifts on my front page , didn't think of my blog....will do now.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 07:07:15 pm »

My products and website were reviewed on someones blog.  I think that is a BIG backlink   wow
http://mimilovesall8.blogspot.com/2013/04/jewelry-by-kat-reviewgiveaway.html#more
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:44:53 pm by Jewelry by Kat »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 08:37:39 pm »

Kat, that's awesome!  Good for you.

Admin, sorry I guess I misunderstood.  I do have a question though about commenting on other people's blogs....if I reblog someone else's reblogged post....does that have the same effect?

For instance, if JaJe posts something, and Kat reblogs it on her own site.....then I reblog it from Kat's site, are the backlinks created for all 3 of us?  I think the answer is yes, but I also feel like the original blogger (JaJe) would have 2 links created (Kat's & mine) while Kat & I would have 1 each.  Does that make sense?   
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 10:29:32 pm »

I'm not finding much to like using the keywords.  Most of the sites are other commercial sites.
Only ONE of my bookmarked sites actually came up for the keywords.

Common traits of the sites I like:
  • It's visual with a gallery
  • there are tips, tutorials or product reviews
  • Even though no sites surfaced for the keywords, I like play-along challenges on blogs because I like to see many ways to express one thing or use a product or design layout
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2013, 01:17:02 am »

Hi Red Rock Design,

What do you mean by re-blogging?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2013, 08:11:26 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

If you are not finding good blogs through regular search, set "Blogs" filter under "More"at the top of Google Search page and see if you like any posts. Or try searching images through Pinterest and see who pins a lot of great photos of papercrafts diys and beautiful handmade cards, and follow those people and their blogs or click on images to find out from which sites/blogs they were taken.

Make sure to add all sites/blogs you like to your spreadsheet. We'll need those links next week. Also, try leaving comments to get noticed by those bloggers - see if they provide their social media contacts and follow them on Twitter and Facebook. Comment on their posts there as well, if you can.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2013, 08:58:35 am »

Hi Kat,

Congrats on being featured! That's a good thing. I just wanted to point out a few things here, as we could learn something from this particular post.

First, none of the links in that article point to your iCraft store. Link with your store name, as anchor text, actually points to this page http://www.jewelrybykat.net/default.html which has some code displaying on it. Btw, you should to fix that, as that can scare people off.

Second, you have a link to your iCraft store there, but imagine that the person coming from that article, would be redirected again to a new site. That's extra click and too much jumping around, if all you really wanted them to do is to see your store. You need to remember at all times why you are building backlinks and to which pages. So you need a plan and you need to stay focused!

Third, if you do backlinks incorrectly, you can actually make things for some of your pages worse. Remember in our last Bootcamp we chose just a few pages and optimized them for particular Keywords. One of your product listings was for Cha Cha Bracelet. So if you optimize one page on one of your sites for that Keyword, but create backlinks for that Keyword to your other pages on other sites, you are actually not helping either page, as you make them compete for the same terms and you split your efforts between competing pages - not a good strategy!

It's not a big deal on this scale - one page and a few backlinks. So don't worry! I just wanted to highlight this example, to show you and others that there is a lot more to this than just getting quantity of links and pointing them to random pages.

I am taking you guys slowly through the thought process at each stage and guiding you on how to do this properly, so don't rush. At the end, you'll all have a plan and understanding of how to do backlinks properly.
JaJeJems

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2013, 09:45:14 am »

Great work Kat!  And thanks admin for your helpful comments!  Yesterday I joined some glass groups on LinkedIn so now I have some more links there.  Today I am planning to concentrate on glass as in lampwork.  Have been leaving comments and getting quite a few responses.  Have a great day everyone!  Freezing rain here so perfect for staying in and researching!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:25:36 am by JaJeJems »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:03 am »

Hi,  maybe I'm using the wrong term....but on my Tumblr blog for one of my posts it shows:

stardustbijoux reblogged this from redrockdesigns and added:

Love it!!!

redrockdesigns posted this

I guess copy & pasting a blog link from someone's site to my own...I'll think about this more to clarify, I might be confusing myself!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2013, 12:03:45 pm »

The code is gone , suppose to be a paypal button.  I had the link to Icraft so people could see more photos and maybe like it better.  I removed it.  Boy, I think backwards sometimes. 
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 12:59:36 pm »

Hi Red Rock Designs,
That sounds like trackbacks. Can I pls see that page before I comment?
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 03:23:06 pm »

here it is, Admin.

http://redrockdesigns.tumblr.com/post/47241604237/great-advice-found-on-pinterest#notes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 2, Bootcamp #5 - Researching Blogging Community
Jump to:  
Click