Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Do you also sell Vintage or Supplies?
Pages: 1
Author

Do you also sell Vintage or Supplies?

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: February 16, 2013, 01:07:26 am »

As you know, we are also working on building a second marketplace, that will be focused on Vintage, Antiques and Collectibles.
So we wanted to know if any of you also sell any of those items, as well as Supplies. Thanks!
Unique Bundle

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 02:00:42 pm »

Yes, I do, and I am very anxious about the opening of a Supply as well as Vintage shop options on iCraft.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 02:34:27 pm »

Hi Unique Bundle,

Actually, we wouldn't open iCraft for Vintage and Supplies, but we've been playing with an idea of opening separate sites for Vintage and Supplies for a while now. There is a separate thread on forum about this https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1503/a-vintage-seller-dying-to-sell-on-icraft/ Feel free to add your opinions!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:37:16 pm »

I would like to sell supplies.  Currently, I sell die cuts if I designed them myself or combined die cuts to a new embellishment because I consider that handmade.

However, I would like to be able to sell paper die cuts that I did not design but just spent time cutting out with my machine.  (Example, file folder tabs for other paper crafters to use on mini-albums, raw chipboard shapes, raw mini-album shapes, etc.)

I would also like to straight resell supplies to declutter my stash from time to time.  When I have stuff left over that I'm not going to use, I'd like a way to off load them - full sticker sheets, unused stamps, paper lots, etc.)
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 12:21:16 am »

Hey guys,
Please add your names to this thread if you are selling either Vintage or Supplies and are interested in selling on our 2 new marketplaces. We'll be looking for Beta testers for both sites in a few months. Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:48:15 am »

I would be interested in the supplies site.
However, I would need assistance in defining supplies. Some handcrafted stuff is meant as inputs to other crafts (example (not mine, but an example nonetheless): lampwork beads).
  • Is the site for ALL supplies? I.E. if it's an input to another craft, best to list there because input buyers will be looking there?
  • Is the site only for "unmodified" supplies? (e.g. not handcrafted). For example, I'd like to die cut chipboard scrapbooking pieces from my scrap chipboard and sell them in lots. I would consider that not handmade because, besides cutting it into a shape, I have not modified the chipboard from its raw form and it is a commercially available shape. However, I also design die cuts. While I have not modified the paper other than cutting it, the shape is my own - not otherwise commercially available. Would that be handmade? Or still a supply?

I can see merit to listing all supplies, whether handmade or not. People looking for supplies will search for supplies first and most won't care if it's a handmade supply or not.

What do others think?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 01:20:27 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

You are right - people searching for supplies will not care if it's handmade or not, so our supplies site would not have a "handmade" restriction.
It will have more inclusive and broad scope too - Party Supplies, Office Supplies, Garden Supplies etc., and of course Art & Craft Supplies.
Easy Fashion Clothing

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 12:22:16 am »

I sell fabric locally. I am interested in selling fabric on the new iCrafts supply website.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 02:49:16 am »

That's great! Thanks for letting us know.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:39:44 pm by iCraft Admin »
designsbydebra

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 07:43:57 pm »

Sorry for arriving late for the party but I haven't received emails regarding the vintage / supplies.
I have been neglecting my shop lately.
I think that I have been really let down by the changes to the other sites changes Etsy too be sure but I also find that Canada Post is no friend to small online businesses. Their rates are ridiculous. I think that I have lost a number of sales because of the Canada Post rates. At times the postage within Canada was more than the article I was selling.

Sorry for venting I just feel that since I have been selling online things have changed and not for the good.

iCraftgifts haven't taken advantage of it's members like the other sites and for that I say thank you!

I also read that you were looking for images to use on the site. If you are still looking I would love to email you some images of my vintage beaded purses.
Also did you pick a name for the vintage site?
Debra
designsbydebra

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 07:52:02 pm »

I thought I saw Strictlyvintage or Seriouslyvintage for the domain name, I like both.
Debra
 Smiley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 01:12:20 am »

Thank you for your nice words, Debra!   Grin
We are constantly looking at more ways to support and empower our sellers. I believe if we make sellers happy and successful, the whole marketplace will benefit from that too.
We plan to add rewards and loyalty programs on the new marketplace, as well as more sales and marketing support.

Which changes on other marketplaces are you referring too?

Yes, it's a problem when shipping rates are higher than the cost of an item. Did you try offering discounts on selling a set of items? What about trying different couriers?
designsbydebra

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 11:29:39 am »

The sites I was referring to were Ebay, DaWanda, Etsy and Cargoh.
I first started selling on Ebay back in 2000 and then found Etsy at that time there weren't as many sellers and the rules were simpler to follow. In the last couple of years Etsy has exploded I think my last sale was 2015. When I started on Etsy they didn't charge for getting on the front/home page. Every item listed had a few minutes viewing time. Since there are so may sellers an added item gets quickly bogged down and no one views it. But honestly there have been so many changes it's hard to keep up.
Don't get me wrong I am all for change for the good and would like to see everybody succeed but it just seems to me that Etsy is only interested in making money so I have put my shops on Etsy on vacation mode recently because I'm not sure if I want to try them again in the future and it's much better to activate a shop on vacation mode than to open a completely new shop.
Then I sold a few items on DaWanda but they recently closed parts of the selling site. I think it maybe still available in Europe.
And there is Cargoh which I was very excited about because it was based in Vancouver and I had got in as a seller when it was just starting. I don't think it's a mom and pop shopping site now.  I have tried unsuccessfully to close my shop but have not been able to contact anyone. I think I had maybe 5 sales total and nothing in the past few years.
I love iCraftgifts but at times I get very distracted with my regular day to day business and don't always have time to create new items for my shop. But the vintage items are an excuse to search for treasures and that means shopping in interesting venues!
I will keep the couriers idea in mind for future sales.
Thanks for all the support.
Debra
 Smiley
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Do you also sell Vintage or Supplies?
Jump to:  
Click