Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  Home parties for selling products?
Pages: [1]
Author

Home parties for selling products?

Delightful Suds

« on: November 13, 2012, 09:45:51 pm »

Has anyone done any house jewellery parties or other products? Do you have any tips on how to get one started?
thanks!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 04:59:52 am »

Every year my daughter has a jewelry party.  It is an open house type.  We are open for a three hour span and people can stop in for as long as they want, when they want and we have wine, cheese and crackers and a door prize.  No pressure.  It is fun and we do well but never successful at booking parties.  But it is one way to get things started......................Kat
Delightful Suds

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:16 pm »

Thanks Kat! I think I'd want to do just once in a while in my own house. How do you invite people? Is it just friends or do you advertise somewhere?
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:54:35 pm »

Just friends and family of both me and my daughter and tell them to bring a friend, hopefully someone will book a party when they see they are not pressured and can choose their own time during that 3 hour span........Kat
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 12:30:07 pm »

I've had a few home parties. I basically just sent out an email to all my friends and told them to either forward the email to anyone interested in attending or bring someone along.  They weren't very successful overall but I think it was the time of year I chose - summer & everyone was either on vacation or had plans.  Fall & before the holidays are probably the best times. 
Just remember don't put out a fruit tray.....you don't want sticky fingers touching your products!
Ahkriti

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 02:10:26 pm »

I have never done a home party before and I cringe if I have to do one. I should plan for one next year. This year round I will be away on vacation.  But some great ideas from Kat. Like the 3 hour span and door prize. The only thing is how to advertise such events. Do you big scale or just shoot out emails and keep it simple?
Delightful Suds

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 06:24:50 pm »

Thanks all for your input. Yeah, my worry is also how to advertise it. I worry that if I just invite friends, half of them won't show up and I won't have a big turnout. I cringe at the thought too, but everyone keeps telling me I should do one, so that's why I'm gathering information and other people's experiences first.  Roll Eyes
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 01:11:03 pm »

Booked a wine & cheese party -uh- jewelry party on Nov 25th .  Ill let you know how it goes...............Kat
Delightful Suds

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 03:24:05 pm »

Sounds good, and good luck!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 09:09:10 pm »

Once upon a time, I bookmarked this home party checklist.

http://www.craft-selling-parties.com/party-checklist.html

Down the left side is a menu of everything-you-you-need-to-know-about-home-parties, including, finding your first hostess under the getting started part.

[If you guys want to do swag bags, I have small handful of promo items I could donate to them.]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:11:14 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  Home parties for selling products?
Jump to:  
Click