Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 20 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Pinterest, G+ & others
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Author

Day 20 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Pinterest, G+ & others

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 01:17:01 am »

I think my google + is all messed up.  Everything goes through my personal page instead of business.
Oh well... I'm there at least.

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

Just make sure to share your Business Profile URL: https://plus.google.com/b/107064505335326844017/105082717520718377568/  and not your personal one. I think because you didn't mention it in the post earlier, everyone found your personal profile by searching for you on G +.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 03:21:32 am »

Admin, I have a question.  I need to continue to work on my photos and pages.  I remember you saying that you don't need to optimize all of your pages but my question is this: about what %should you aim for?  I know that it probably isn't possible to come up with an exact amount but would I be looking at 50% or more?

Excellent question, JaJeJems!

Here is the thing with page optimization.
If you can optimize all pages, great! If not, focus on those that are most important to you.

Second part to optimization is link building.
Realistically, you will be only able to do that for a handful of pages, because you should also track success of those pages over time (part that we should've discussed during Bootcamp, but didn't have time for this time).

So for now...  focus on optimizing a few more of your pages, and keep building links to those 3 pages (and other pages), using social media sites, external forums, blogs and groups.

Search for "Link Building" on Google. There is a lot of helpful info written on the web on this topic. Feel free to ask me questions too. Thanks!
Silver Workshop

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:58 am »

Ok, I got a google + page together but for me, this is the most confusing one, hopefully my link will work: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113516156722651927906/posts . I'll continue to try to figure it out thought.

I definitely like pinterest though, I could waste a lot of time on there.

Thank you so much admin for all your assistance, your very patient and I learned so much! I'm looking forward to keeping on working on my icraft store and I can't wait to see the direction icraft will go in in the next few months!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 07:58:33 am »

Ok, I got a google + page together but for me, this is the most confusing one

Hi Silver Workshop,

You are not alone!  Roll Eyes Everyone agrees that Google + is the most confusing social media site and it even got worst ranking on the Global Brand Simplicity Index this year.

The link you shared is not for Business user. Business Users have (b) not (u) inside their URL.  
https://plus.google.com/u/0/113516156722651927906/posts
Did you use this page (with the option "Product or Brand") to create your page? https://plus.google.com/u/0/pages/create

Actually I see you have both pages. But they are switched - you have your Business name under Personal Profile and Personal Name under Business Profile.  Undecided
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:35:38 am by iCraft Admin »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 11:23:46 am »

I cheated when I made my google   I was confused so I made my first name kat and last name jewelrybykat and it worked but I guess I am on a personal page but everything is working. I  am putting all my products on and blogs and eveything...............Kat
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 04:28:16 pm »

I definitely like pinterest though, I could waste a lot of time on there.

If I had a dime for everytime someone said that... !  Grin
Silver Workshop

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 09:21:24 pm »

Ok, thanks for having a look at it admin. I'll look into it tomorrow and try to make it better Smiley.

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 10:41:11 am »

Just found this good article on Pinterest Optimization: A Marketer’s Guide with a lot of useful tips, like how to add Pins to the “Gifts” Section.

Adding Pins to the “Gifts” Section

Adding the price, including “$” sign, to a pin’s description will automatically add that pin to Pinterest’s “Gifts” section, which is sorted into categories based on the items listed. A gray ribbon with the exact price of the item will also be added to the upper left of the pin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 20 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Pinterest, G+ & others
Jump to:  
Click