Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 15 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 3
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Author

Day 15 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 3

Red Rock Designs

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »

Kat, I enjoyed your blog, especially how you focused on the artist, Andree, it made me feel like I had something in common with her – that connection that makes you want to buy!  Good Job.

Silver Workshop, well done. You focused on Kat’s techniques and added a bit of personal info about her.

I enjoyed reading both.  And the links worked on both blogs…yay!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:13 pm »

I have a rough draft together.  Got some input from Janis.  Waiting on input from Jessica (but she's having computer problems).  I'm hoping to have my post up on Sunday.

Off to read the others!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 09:03:58 pm »

Kat - not sure if this is a fluke but it's clever: You used "handmade silver jewellery" in the first keyword phrase and then jewelry elsewhere.  I think the dual spelling is a nice iteration of the keyword and will catch both British English and American English crowds.  Yours is definitely a nice "journey" post but very biographical.  I wondered what your thoughts and impressions were on the work or the techniques.  That would help make the post more personal to you.

Andree - Also a biographical article but it does carry personal insight: "my favourite, the cha cha bacelets", "some pieces have history".  I love the ending how you worked in the fact that Kat does jewelry parties within the natural flow of the article instead of stating in a blandly factual way.

RedRock - I agree, the banner does fit across there quite nicely.  The first-hand experience right at the beginning gives immediate buy-in because now I know you have the inside scoop!  The keywords were right in the natrual flow of the sentences and well placed.
-- by the way, I noticed you have your new avatar as a favicon too!  Look at you, so advanced and stuff!! <thumbs up>
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 01:00:37 am »

Here is post from Delightful Suds - https://icraftgifts.com/blog/more-than-one-colour-parachute-404.php
Marta, I've added one product shot to your post. Are there any other improvements she could make to this post?
Please review it!

JaJeJems, it's a nice post. I'd like you to add Lisa's photo to it. It's missing personal photos.

I'll provide my feedback on all posts after I see a review from all of you.
Have a nice weekend everyone!  One more week to go.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:05:31 am by iCraft Admin »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 06:11:30 am »

Delightful Suds,  That is a catchy title. something I definately had to read.  Good detail of Bibi's life.  No spelling errors and the ending is good...........Kat
JaJeJems

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 12:28:14 pm »

Just posted my blog again with Lisa's picture and what I hope is some improvement in the spacing!
JaJeJems

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 12:36:47 pm »

Just having a look at Delightful Suds blog and here are my thoughts.  I liked the title.  It is creative, something many people can relate to and defintiely caught my attention.  You introduced your subject well and I like the picture of Bibi!  you summed up the personal information well and it seemed to me that the product information flowed smoothly and naturally from that.  All of your links worked and even though I tried I couldn't find one typo!  Looks very good Delightful!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:13 pm »

Delightful Suds, thank you...I love it...I agree with JaJe, it flows very nicely.  And I love the spin you've given it relating to parachute colours.

I am wondering though whether there should be a link for chainmaille jewelry or a small pic?....since I've learned that not many people know what it is.  The words "chainmaille jewelry" have a red squiggly line under it.....but it's not in blue to show there's a link attached.

Otherwise great job!
JaJeJems

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 12:55:51 pm »

Hi Silver Workshop;
Looking at your blog and here are some thoughts.  The title is good and yes I think I would read on from there.  I like your introductory paragraph except I think that you should say "She and her daughter".  I think that you did a wonderful job of weaving Kat's personal information into your copy.  I felt like I got to know her a lot better but I think it was more effective than just writing a paragraph about her history.  Now I know her working background, who does what in her partnership with her daughter, where she is from and that she does home parties!  You also very cleverly got 5 product showcased for her.  I did find it a bit confusing that 3 of the products weren't pictured.  Not that I think that they need to be necessarily but I did mistake the beaded bracelet with dragonfly for the chacha bracelet with the dragon fly that was pictured and almost didn't look at it.  Maybe a picture of Kat and her daughter be a nice addition? Your ending wrapped things up well and I could see that leading on to a blog about doing home parties!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 04:21:39 pm »

JaJeJems,

Your post is live now! Great story.
Everyone, please critique this post too.

https://icraftgifts.com/blog/reach-out-and-touch-someone-with-a-handmade-greeting-card-406.php
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 04:32:54 pm »

JaJe, great article.  I thought the interview technique was good because we learned straight from the creator why her passion is handmade cards. And I was intrigued from the 1st paragraph why handmade cards are still used and relevant in today's tech society.

Good job...and all the links worked!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 07:21:28 pm »

JaJeJems,   What an awesome story!  It makes you want a card and love Lisa. I enjoyed it and you never lost my interest!..........Kat
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »

I heard from Jessica today!  I am drafting my article.

Sorry - I got two little boys dumped on me for an overnight surprise.  My sister's father-in-law is severely unwell and she needed someone to watch the little ones.  They have been put to bed now, but our house is utterly non-child-safe, so my valiant husband is going to stay with them in the living room where we had to put a mattress on the floor for them. We don't even have a room and a proper bed!  Aye-Carumba!

Marta, I agree with the others that your post was very interesting.  What a wonderful inspirational post!  I would have loved to have seen at least one more picture - one with colour to go with that inventive title!

Janis - thanks again for thinking up those wonderful questions and making it relevent to today's world!  I am tickled that you linked not only the photos, but also a description.  It's fantastic!  Thank-you for the first-hand review and, wow, I didn't even know those stats.  Embarrassed Shame on me!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:36:55 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 11:49:58 pm »

No problem, Lisa! Take your time.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2012, 12:15:48 am »

Ok, it is scheduled to post at 10am Sunday on my Blogger blog.
I will be back in the evening when the little figety-fingered people have been collected by their parents!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 15 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 3
Jump to:  
Click