Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 14 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 2
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

Day 14 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 2

Red Rock Designs

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 09:25:34 pm »

Thanks Silver Workshop.  I typically only post photos, but would like to post more content.

Admin, normally how long should blogs be?  About a page?  Do readers lose interest if there is too much text to read?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:18 pm »

Janis had some GREAT questions for me.  I'm SOOOOOO wordy.  I hope she will be able to trim it to something more succinct.

RedRock, I've read before that loooong blog posts are too much for many readers.  Online readers are fickle (and clinically, it is harder for our eyes to read a super-fast-flashing screen than a solid piece of paper, so it's harder for us to read blogs too).  The trick is to break it up with pictures.  Strategically placing your pictures, you can eke out a longer post.

I aim for at least two photos sandwhiched with paragraphs, so 5 or 6 paragraphs at most when I blog.  I don't stick to that religiously, but that's what I think works best. <shrug>
JaJeJems

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 11:35:15 pm »

Well I have my work cut out for me with the great answers that I got from Fairy C.  Started my draft today but need a good sleep to sort out the tons of info that FC gave me! lol. I looked at Silver and Red Rock's work this afternoon and I think you have both done a great job! Will be back in the morning!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 01:16:33 am »

Hi Kat,

Same problems again - broken links to product pages and no images in the article.
Did you ask Andree to send you some of her photos? There has to be at least one image in your article. That's actually in our Blogging Guidelines. We never approve articles without images.

The New Title however, looks good.  Grin

Delightful Suds,

I still don't see any links in your article. It will not help Bibi at all if you won't link to her pages.   
I see the image in your article, but unfortunately, we already used it in another articles about Bibi. Could you pls ask Bibi to supply you with a different image?

Silver Workshop,

Great Job! I see you've linked to 3 products in text and to 2 products through images. http://www.silverworkshop.ca/beaded-charm-bracelets-cha-cha-bracelets-jewelry-by-kat You don't need any changes.

Red Rock Designs,

Is it possible to add links on images to product pages?
Not sure why you refer to Marta, as "they"? It's a lot more interesting to learn about the person behind their creations. So the more personal your story is, the easier it is for other people to relate to it.
http://redrockdesigns.tumblr.com/post/33363886546/natural-handmade-soap-for-all-skin-types

So we are still waiting for posts from Fairy Cardmaker & JaJeJems

To answer your question, Red Rock Designs, about the length of the article.
Well, here are some points for you:
- Search engines love copy, so the more copy the better.
- People read long articles online (even books), if it's an interesting reading. If not, they'll scan-read and leave.
- It's better to break your writing into chunks - paragraphs mixed with images (as Fairy Cardmaker suggested) and shorter sentences.
- So I'd say there are no specific rules on article length - include only interesting points in your article and keep it interesting, even if it's long. Don't just write for the sake of writing and adding words to your post.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:09:47 am by iCraft Admin »
Delightful Suds

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 08:33:27 pm »

ok, hopefully 3rd time is the charm  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 14 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 2
Jump to:  
Click