Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 14 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 2
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Day 14 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 2

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: October 11, 2012, 03:18:41 am »

As you can guess, today's Assignment is to continue working on your blog posts, featuring your fellow Bootcampers.
At the end of the day please post URLs to your posts (even if they are not quite ready), so we all could provide you with our feedback. Looking forward to seeing your masterpieces!  Wink
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:24:37 am »

My blog is finished, just waiting fir silver workshop to review it for changs............Kat
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 05:34:31 am »

Admin or anyone,  When I post my blog....when I enter the name of the shop do I hit the link button or the anchor button?  What is the difference between the two?........................Kat   HELP   When I try to enter the store key words with the anchor button-nothing happens! Embarrassed
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:39:55 am by Jewelry by Kat »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:53:10 am »

Andree, Do you have photo for me?  .............Kat
Silver Workshop

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 08:12:52 am »

Here's my blog: http://www.silverworkshop.ca/beaded-charm-bracelets-cha-cha-bracelets-and-more-from-jewelry-by-kat . Kat had send me a photo of her working but there was a date stamp in her hair so I chose some nice jewellery items instead. I have to head out for the day but will be back later tonight. I have to admit I really enjoyed doing that, my next blog post will be about iCraft:).
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:57:00 am »

Admin, My blog is saved as a draft until I figure how to get the key word linked  I have tried so many different ways and many times so you can click on the key words.  Nothing I do works..........Kat
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:58:47 am by Jewelry by Kat »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23:05 am »

ok, here's my blog: http://redrockdesigns.tumblr.com/

I know the pics should be in the middle but I'm having issues with inserting photos in text.  Also, is it too short? Should I include more content?
let me know what you think....bibi
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 12:55:59 pm »

Hi Kat,

You just need to highlight words in copy (anchor text) and click on link button at the top.
In the pop-up you'll have to specify URL of where you are linking to.

Red Rock Designs,

Actually your post URL is this http://redrockdesigns.tumblr.com/post/33363886546/i-recently-purchased-natural-soap-from-another
Just wonder if you can add Titles to your Posts? Page Title are important pieces of copy from SEO perspective. Plus useful to users to know the main topic of your post.

You repeat  Delightful Suds a few times in your article, but in the first sentence, I'd place a link on her primary Keywords and not on her store name.

Silver Workshop,

Great post! Good anchor text. I'd only add links to product pages on product images. This is actually advise for everyone.
People tend to click on images more than on text links.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:00:20 pm by iCraft Admin »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 02:05:22 pm »

Yeah!  My blog is finished and ready for your review. Thanks for telling me how to do the keywords and link, so easy!.................Kat
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 02:57:32 pm »

Mine is fixed....title added and link changed.
Delightful Suds

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 04:46:24 pm »

Admin, have you published my blog? I didn't include pictures because I don't know how to include them there....
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 05:09:55 pm »

Hi Kat & Delightful Suds,

I didn't publish your blogs yet, as they both need a bit more work.

Kat, you have broken images on 2 product links. I am not going to fix them because I want you to learn how to do that. Why do you think they are not working? Btw, it is important to always preview your work and check if links are actually working. There is a Preview link at the bottom of blog post page.

Also, if you could think of a more creative post Title than just the name of the store, that would be great. Titles should capture users attention, so they shouldn't be too generic. They need to be catchy and intriguing...

Delightful Suds,
You have no links in your article at all. Use the tools at the top of the blog details page to add links on anchor text.

For both of you, there is a link at the top of the page explaining how to add images. Interview style posts have to have some personal images. Look at this post https://icraftgifts.com/blog/crafter-interview-blinkkids-375.php and tell me if it would be as interesting if we took out all photos from it. Probably not, right?

Or at a minimum, please add product shots of products that you are referring to in the post.
The first image is especially important, as it will represent your post in category listings or on pages like this one where we are listing recently published posts (see below).

Sorry, if this sounds like I am making you to do a lot of work.  Roll Eyes
I only want you to learn how to do things on your own and do them the right way. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:27:45 pm by iCraft Admin »
Delightful Suds

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 06:09:11 pm »

Ok, I fixed mine, hopefully it worked and it's better  Cool
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »

Fixed mine and changed the title.  I can't believe I figured it out!..............Kat
Silver Workshop

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 07:01:11 pm »

Nice blog and site Red Rock!

Ok, I added links to the images, I think I'm all good now. I changed the url by taking out pointless texts ("and more from")
http://www.silverworkshop.ca/beaded-charm-bracelets-cha-cha-bracelets-jewelry-by-kat
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 14 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 2
Jump to:  
Click