Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 10 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Refresh your List
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

Day 10 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Refresh your List

Delightful Suds

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 05:01:35 pm »

Hi, it's more difficult than I realized to find spare time for this, but here are my improved listings:

I changed my first listing because I can't seem to make it right. I cannot call the soap either just "lemon soap" or just "eucalyptus" soap because it is both, so that wouldn't be accurate. I'll leave that one to tackle another time.

1 - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34517/lemongrass-soap-with-french-clay-natural-handmade-soap.php
lemongrass soap 1,900
french clay 8,100

2 - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/33473/pink-grapefruit-soap-with-loofah-natural-handmade-soap.php
pink grapefruit 22,200
grapefruit soap 1,000

3 - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34514/tea-tree-soap-and-kelp-purifier-natural-handmade-soap.php
tea tree soap 8,100
for acne prone skin 49,500

Happy Thanksgiving!
Silver Workshop

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 07:25:40 pm »

Thanks admin, I hadn't realized that! I'll go in and make that change soon.

And I have to say congratulations to everyone (and Kat for the biggest changes!). I checked out everyone's stores and they just look beautiful, lots of really nice changes in banners, pictures, product descriptions,  plus we're all learning lots, yay!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 02:56:27 am »

Hi Delightful Suds,

So why wouldn't you use "Lemongrass soap" with 1,900 searches to optimize your first product page, since you've listed that as your main Keywords? You could make your Title to be something like "Lemongrass Soap, French Clay, great for All Skin Types". And then incorporate  "Lemongrass soap" in the first sentence.

For the second product try "Pink grapefruit soap" with 260 searches. Your Title could be "Pink Grapefruit Soap with Loofah & light Citrus Scent". Then again incorporate that exact phrase into your first sentence.

For the third product, use "Tea tree soap" with 8,100 searches. Your Title could be "Tea Tree Soap & Kelp Purifier for Acne Prone Skin"   

Could you please also specify Keywords you chose for your store page, so I'd review them? Thanks!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 05:34:53 pm »

Now that we fixed our keywords, I see an increase in views!             ........Kat
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 02:18:40 am »

Hi Kat,

It's probably too early to see the results of our optimization yet. We were checking each others store during the last 2 weeks, so that probably had something to do with the increase in your page views.  Roll Eyes
Delightful Suds

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 06:34:48 pm »

Hi, I made some title changes. For my store page I'm sticking with "natural handmade soaps" - 2,900 and "handmade soaps" - 60,500.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »

Hi Delightful Suds,

Your pages look better now. I'd only ask you not to repeat your product Title as a first sentence in your product descriptions, like you've done on the last 2 product pages. The rest is good. Thanks!
Delightful Suds

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

Well I did the repeating purposely because I was under the impression that helps with the search/being found...?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 11:04:33 pm »

Hi Delightful Suds,
I was recommending to incorporate primary keywords into the first sentence of the product description, not to repeat the whole Title.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 02:00:36 am »

There is one more thing that I forgot to mention.

When you optimize your iCraft store and product pages, DO NOT use the same copy on your Etsy or any other site's pages. That creates duplicate content issues and will not help your iCraft pages in ranking. If you sell on other venues, use variations of keywords and a completely different product description. The more unique your copy is the better.

Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 10 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Refresh your List
Jump to:  
Click