Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Phasing out Free Subscription option
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Phasing out Free Subscription option

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: June 14, 2012, 02:25:36 am »

Hello iCrafters,

We are starting to roll out changes to our Pricing system.
As of today, there is no more Free Subscription option for new members.
However, for the existing members who are currently on the Free Subscription, we gave almost 6 months for them to decide on the paid subscription package - until December 1st.
We’ll keep you posted on the additional changes to our pricing soon. Thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »

This is just a reminder for members who are currently on "5 Free" Subscription Plan. We are not going to have this plan in December. So please make a decision on what you'd like to do with your store at the end of November, in order for your store to function properly after December 1st.

Beajoux

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »

Hello!

Can you please clarify what our options will be once the free subscription ends? I've been following the thread about neglected shops, but I'm a bit confused by the last post:

Recently, we've been leaning more towards this idea of introducing an alternative "Commission-based" system, while still keeping our existing subscription-based payment model. ...

We are certainly not going to go the Etsy way and charge people for re-listing items to increase our profits. But we were thinking maybe by offering options - either fixed monthly payment or commission on sale - sellers would get a chance to pick the best option for their business, and everyone would be happy?    Any thoughts on this?

I'm just not clear on if the subscription plan is continuing or not...or will there be an option for commission only?

Thanks,
Ainsley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:10:25 pm »

We are thinking of offering both options - subscription plans and commission-based system, so you could choose to pay either fixed amount per month, as we have it now, or a % on sale.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:27:06 pm »

Choice is good!
Beajoux

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »

Great, thanks! So when should we be seeing these options in our account page?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 07:35:45 pm »

We are aiming for Dec 1st, when Free Subscriptions expire. But it's a big update, affecting many pages on the site and will require quite a bit of testing too. So I can't guarantee that we'll finish all this work by Dec 1st.
Beajoux

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »

Okay. So what will happen to shops on the free subscription plan on Dec. 1 if the options aren't ready yet?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 12:13:29 am »

Hi Beajoux,

You can choose one of our subscription plans that start at $5.00 per month. Or you can keep your items on hold until we roll out alternative payment system.

We've been supporting free shops for over 4 years now and we just can't do it any longer, if we want to stay in business. We want to offer a  fair pricing system.That's why we are adding more options to make this work for everyone.
BostonBeanies

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 02:28:12 pm »

Honestly, as one who is dusting off their shop, I would rather pay a listing fee, or pay a fee per sale than a monthly.  I already paid to join.  I would really like to see how my patterns sell here first before I commit to a monthly fee.
MaelinDesigns

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 08:08:18 pm »

I don't mind paying a 5% commission on each sale, truth be told.  I'm just not able to do a monthly fee or fee per listing at this time.

A 5% commission isn't too much to ask, especially if we're able to keep more than 5 items in our shops.  I think a 25 item max would be more than acceptable.

Perhaps if vendors are encouraged to change out the items in their shops every 3-5 months, it would bring more buyers to iCraft to see what's new.  Just a thought.

I'm hoping that the new subscription plans will give us a choice.  I'd really like to stay on here, and I'd be able to with the commission plan.

Thanks for listening.

Debbie Gill
MaelinDesigns
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 04:15:13 pm »

FYI. It doesn't look like we'll be able to roll out our new pricing model by Dec 1st, so those that have 5 free subscription plan will still be able to keep it until we do.  Cool
Cristopher Campbell

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:02 am »

I sent you in pm
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:22 am »

Sorry, but I didn't get your message.
You can also email us using our contact form.
SilverDawnJewelry

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 12:34:59 pm »

I agree with the fee when there is a sale also. 5% is not too much, it actually falls in nicely.

I like the choice of either a monthly fee, Or a fee for each listing? I am new here of course, and have not gotten involved enough yet to know if that would work, or make things more difficult, having a choice like that available.
From a new shop perspective, it seems like this would allow people who only list a few things, to choose the listing fee...where others who have many items to list, could choose the monthly fee, which in turn guarantees a stable income for the site?

I am just thinking outloud though, and no disrespect is meant...I am sure you have been going over all of the aspects. Whatever conclusions you come to to keep the site viable, are good for me Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Phasing out Free Subscription option
Jump to:  
Click