Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Business Resources  >  iCraft listed in PC World as one of best 5 handmade selling venues!
Pages: [1]
Author

iCraft listed in PC World as one of best 5 handmade selling venues!

GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« on: May 30, 2012, 10:53:57 am »

iCraft listed in PC World as one of best 5 handmade selling venues

I am shocked to see that Artfire was not included.

iCraft is decidedly small, but highly devoted merchants--particularly Canadian ones--might find it a compelling option.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:23:19 pm by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:47:03 am »

Thanks Linda! I was waiting for this article.

Christopher talked to us before writing his piece, though I am not sure why listing in US or CAD dollars is a complicating issues.  Items on the site are actually listed in 5 different currencies, however, we offer Currency Converter to show how much items will cost in the currency that the buyer will pay in.

He also says that "most sellers don’t ship across the border". I don't even have those stats. Wonder how he came up with that conclusion.
Bomb La Bon Bon

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 02:00:24 pm »

Hi Ladies,

It is great to see that this website is feautred in the magazine, even though the description of currecy conversion as well as inability to ship internationally does not do it justice.

Truth be told, I think that this website represents the handmade world more so than the giant etsy. I am by no means badmouthing the Etsy website, however, I do notice that more and more sellers on there  are more like re-sellers of mass-produced jewelry from China that can be easily ordered in quantites of 1000s.

Seeing this, it is sad to see that website is more becoming a big corporation that usually supports sellers that sell 1000s of products ( how possible is it to produce 1000s of necklaces or rings within a month by hand?) rather than people who do value their craft and the originality of pieces.

That is why iCraft , IMHO, is true to its word,

PLEASE never change!! Smiley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:14 pm »

Thank you for the nice words, Bomb La Bon Bon!  Kiss
We don't plan to change what makes iCraft unique.

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:08:06 pm »

They also said there's no way to sort by location, but you can see the three major markets under "Stores".  (True there is no way to sort by "ships to" location though.)
LisaGold

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »

Oh boy, you can definitely see which venues this author is favoriting.
I know numbers are important, but it's not all about the quantity. What about the quality? What about saying one thing (Handmade) and then allowing everything (Mass produced) and everyone (Resellers) to post?  Roll Eyes
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »

Yes, Fairy Cardmaker, we don't have that particular option. Need to add it now, I guess.
But we offer a lot of other great shopping options, which they didn't mention.  Angry
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:27:47 pm »

Checked Bonanza today for the first time and found this D&G by Dolce & Gabbana Men ankle boots there for sale. That's neither handmade nor vintage! They import all of their products from Europe. So why is this one of the best handmade venues?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:30:46 pm by The Knitting Lady »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Business Resources  >  iCraft listed in PC World as one of best 5 handmade selling venues!
Jump to:  
Click