Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Shop Critique
Pages: [1]
Author

Shop Critique

Bomb La Bon Bon

« on: May 16, 2012, 06:53:50 pm »

Hi Everyone,

As a new crafter, I always look for suggestions on how to improve my shop, product appearance, appeal , etc

The thing about my store that I think makes it unique is that all of my products are inspired by the confectionary or baked goods, and most of them look like a real thing

I would greatly appreciate any input on the appearance of the store and any suggestions on how things can be improved so the sales can start happening

Thanks for your time everyone!

Cheers,

Irene
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:38 pm »

Welcome to iCraft, Irene! Glad to have you on board.  Grin
Your bath products are absolutely amazing! I'll review your pages and get back to you with some suggestions shortly.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:57:30 pm »

I'll take my best shot at some amateur advice.

For your specialty, you say: "Specialty: Candy Store for Bath and Body"
I suggest instead to put Bath and Body first because you want it to be more prominent: "Bath and Body Candy Store".  (I think robots rank the first 3 or so words as the highest.)

Try to repeat your keywords:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/31910/bath-bomb-rose-garden-4-oz-each.php
Made with only all natural ingredients, this super moisturizing treat bath bomb will allow to you relax and unwind after long tiring days.

In this listing, https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/31913/cotton-candy-sugar-scrub-4oz.php, you call it "soft body soap", "body scrub", "creamy scrub" and the title is "sugar scrub".  You should  be consistent to reinforce keywords.  Call it body scrub or sugar scrub consistently (whichever is the more popular search term, likely sugar scrub).

The scrubs are all poofing out the top.  Will it have a lid when it is shipped?  Perhaps a photo with the closed packaging would be good (so if I am gifting it, I'll know what it's going to look like.  If that jar remains clear and open and plain, how will the recipient know what it is, what's in it (ingredients) and where to get more?)

Does everyone use oz?  Do some people use mL?  (I really don't know - I should go look at the box my soap comes in!)

These dougnuts look REALLY GOOD: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/31916/bath-bomb-donut-goodness-5-oz-170-gm.php
BUT, no one searches for "Bath Doughnuts".  Maybe "Bath Soap Doughnuts" or "Doughnut Bath Bombs"?  In fact, nowhere in that whole listing does the word "soap" appear!  I think I would search for "shaped soap" if I wanted to find something fun and whimsical like this, but that's just me.  Consider that as a tag for many of your listings.  Possibly "favour soaps" too.  (Excuse me if a bath bomb is different from soap.  Your tags says bath bomb but I don't know the difference -- see below.  Even so, the words "bath bomb" should show up more prominently in that listing then, instead of where I said soap.)

Maybe iCraft Admin can answer this one: will search engines read doughnuts and donuts equally?  Or does using Canadian spellings rank lower in US consumer searches?  I've often wondered.

How are you advertising?  Why not make a post on your iCraft blog (or your own if you have one).  Topic ideas:
  • What are the benefits of naturally made soaps?
  • I don't understand bath bombs - how long do they take to dissolve?  I.E. Do I need to plan for a LONG soak to use it all up?  Is it aromatherapy with no cleanser?  Or does it cleanse too?
  • Why are there so many different soaps?  Butters, scrubs, bars, bombs....  Are they for different parts of your skin?  Purely for preference?
Bomb La Bon Bon

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:32:08 pm »

Hi FairyCardmaker!

Thanks so much for all of the input! Ill start cracking whenever I am by the computer! I didnt think even things like donuts could be THAT specific for search finds, but I guess the tag is exactly what makes your listing come up more often than not!

I really appreciate all of the advice, I will try to accomodate as much as possible!

THANKS for all your help  Smiley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:14:38 am »

Great suggestions, FairyCardmaker!

I had same concerns about proper use of keywords. Because there are a lot of references to food items, there is a chance your pages will start ranking for food terms and not soap terms. So the keywords you want to place prominently in titles and repeat on the page should be related to soap, as that's what you are really selling.

If you want to know for sure what terms people use when they search for your items, use Google's Keywords Tool. (Google account is required)

Here are some good terms for you:
body soap - 40,500 monthly global searches
natural soap - 60,500   
soap bar - 135,000
soap body wash - 14,800
shower body wash - 12,100
bath bomb - 60,500 (Popular term - surprised me!)   
bath cupcakes - 4,400
cake bath - 8,100
bubble bar - 14,800
sugar scrub - 60,500   
brown sugar scrub - 8,100   
face sugar scrub - 4,400

FairyCardmaker is right, nobody is searching for "Bath Doughnuts". So what you could say is "Bath Bomb in a shape of  Doughnut" ("Bath Bomb" is placed in the beginning of your title in this case). However, since you have multiple products that are very similar, I'd use title that FairyCardmaker suggested "Doughnut Bath Bombs" for another similar product.
It's important not to have 2 pages with identical titles and descriptions.

You actually don't have bad keywords. I thought your products were described quite well. So don't stress too much!

Btw, here are some good titles for blog posts for you:
"What are bath bombs?' - 49,500 people search for the answer to this question every month! or "how to make bath bombs?" (9,900)

For more info on page optimization, check our SEO board and sign up for our next Sellers' Bootcamp, as we'll be walking people through all aspects of SEO.

One more thing - make sure you place your products in more than one category, when appropriate, and specify your target audience. Some of your products don't have audience specified. That reduces your visibility in iCraft searches.

Good Luck!
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:22 am »

I didn't know what Bath Bomb is or what Bubble Bar is.

So it would be good to read on product page some explanation of what to expect and how to use them. Will they kinda explode in a water and that's why they are called bombs? Will they make noise? Are they ok for sensitive skin?

Also, I think because your products are so colorful, they'd be great presents for kids. But because there is no mention of it, I'd hesitate to buy them for kids. So it would be good to suggest to people who they should buy your products for or for what occasion etc.

Wishing you a lot of success!  Grin
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »

Looks like you are getting some attention now, Bomb La Bon Bon!  Hooray!
Bomb La Bon Bon

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 09:31:38 pm »

Yes, thank you for your comments once again

Hopefully it will continue and I will be able to gain a regular clientele Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Shop Critique
Jump to:  
Click