Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Announcements & General Discussion  >  Next Sellers' Bootcamp (#4)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Author

Next Sellers' Bootcamp (#4)

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: May 11, 2012, 02:20:48 am »

Hello iCrafters,

We are planning to run another Sellers' Bootcamp focusing on SEO & Web Promotions in a month or so.
This time we'll accept a limited number of people - 10 max!

You know that saying that is order to remember something permanently, you need to repeat it 10 times. Well, small group size will allow us to focus on each store and to go through repeatable process 10 times.  Cool

The plan is to optimize each of 10 stores one by one. Because it will take us different amount of time to optimize different stores, we are not going to set the time period for this Bootcamp. Hopefully, as a group, we'll get better and better at optimization and pick up the speed half way through.

Everyone in the group would have to participate and help with each store's optimization either by providing their feedback, doing some work (google keyword research, writing copy for others, doing link building) or helping with promotions.
At the end, each of the 10 participants will have a number of improvements to their stores and a list of suggested SEO activities going forward.

We want to test this idea and, if successful, we'll use this format for other Bootcamps too.

Program Requirements:
  • You'd have to have at least 20 items in your store on the day when we start the Bootcamp
  • You'd have to be willing to actively participate in the program, even on the days when we are not working on your pages
  • Participation is critical. If we don't hear from you (see your feedback & comments on the Bootcamp thread) for more than 5 days or if you'll be doing only a bare minimum each time, you'll be risking losing your spot and being banned from future Bootcamps. Someone else in this case will have a chance to take your spot.

Sign up now, if you are ready to commit to this program, by checking Bootcamp checkbox at the bottom of your Profile page.

Please put your name down in this thread, if you signed up already.
Also, tell us what you currently use to promote your store, what social media sites you use regularly and what skills you have in terms of internet marketing and advertising. E.g. copy writing, photography, graphics, research, social media promos, blogging etc.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:04:25 am by iCraft Admin »
Scent From Above

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:47:01 pm »

Hi!  I have the store "Scent From Above."   This is my 2nd day here, and so far, it's been remarkable!  In fact, it's so grand that some of the terms and computer scripts are out of my league, and i could really use some help with this.  I only have 1 month here to see if I can sell Something!!  I'd really like to join the boot camp if there's still space.  A  big question is when this boot camp starts?  Thanks for reading, and as far as everyone here, you guys all have beautiful work.  I'm really psyched to be on iCraftGifts.com.  Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to finding out when the boot camp starts!! 

Oh, and I'm supposed to write how I promote my store...  The only thoughts I've had so far have been letting my family and friends know in a letter and working on my graphics and choice of words.  I've had a lot of people look, but so far, no sales.  So, just let me know when the boot camp starts, and I'd love to be in it!!

Thanks Very Much,
-M    Smiley
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:54:43 pm »

Wish I had time to participate in this.  Great opportunity!!  My professional career (day job) is entering a different phase, so I have to be focused and I have been  working many more hours that I did previously.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:08 pm »

Hello Bootcampers Smiley

We are about to start our next Sellers' Bootcamp. However, I see a few people that expressed interest in participating in our Bootcamp have less that 20 products in their stores.  Roll Eyes

Please read requirements for the next Bootcamp. We are taking on a small number of people this time, as we are going to work with each of you individually. However, we need products to work with. Empty stores will not make a difference in your traffic or your sales!

If you are not ready, please uncheck Bookcamp checkbox in your account. If you are ready to commit, please upload more products to your store (all or at least 20). This is a great opportunity for you to get feedback on all your listings!

We'll review all profiles on Sunday and remove those accounts that have less than 20 items and open your spots to others.

We'll start Bootcamp as soon as we get sorted out issues with the number of products in each of your stores, hopefully, some time next week. So tentatively, I am setting date for the Bootcamp start to be Monday, September 10th.

Please check Forum for regular updates.
Thanks and see you soon!  Grin
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 12:50:07 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

That's ok for you to skip the first part of the Bootcamp. We'll focus at first mostly on improving store and product pages, all on page optimization basically. We've done that work on your store already. So you could join second part of the Bootcamp, if you want. It will be all about driving traffic to your pages - off page optimization.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 01:07:31 am »

Hi Scent From Above,

Thank you for the nice comments!  Kiss

I actually see your name in the Bootcamp list. However, you have only 6 products in your store.

Oh... and one month is not enough to get your store known. It will take a few months to get inbound links to your pages and to start ranking for your keywords. So trying won't work. It's a commitment. Just do it!
We are going to go through all aspects of store optimization and promotion in this Bootcamp, so if you are going to do all the hard work, you'll get the results!

Now I sound like the real gym trainer. Ha ha....  Well, it's called a Bootcamp for a reason!  Wink
JaJeJems

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 02:13:09 pm »

Hi
At JaJeJems we have been looking forward to the next boot camp and are willing to make the time commitment now.  We are looking forward to improving our stored to improve our sales.  At present we have a page on Facebook for JaJeJems connected to my personal page and I have posted links there to our Icraft store as well as pictures.  We have a twitter account and blog which we use occasionally.  I am also on LinkedIn where I belong to a jewellery group and I sometimes post pictures and links there.

We don't have any other experience on the Internet other than doing personal web searches and working on our Icraft store but we are ready to learn!

I hope that there will be room for us in this boot camp.  Thank  you for considering us.

Janis and Jessica
Delightful Suds

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »

Hi, I have signed up already for the bootcamp, but just want to reconfirm that I would still like to participate. Currently I am on Facebook and Twitter and occasionally post my products on sites such as bizspeaking.com, pintrest. etc. Other than that I try networking and word of mouth.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to get started!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »

Hi Delightful Suds & JaJeJems,

Thanks for checking in! However, we just removed 5 people with less than 20 items from the list, so we now need to get those spots filled in. As soon as we get 5 more people, we'll start the Bootcamp.

So anyone who is interested and has at least 20 products in their store, please check the Bootcamp check under your profile. We are about to start!

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 05:46:20 pm »

Ok, I have signed up.  I normally like to participate in a good level of detail, but I can't promise this time.  I do promise to check in at least weekly (7 days - hope that's okay) and to review other people's stuff to comment where I can.

I have to travel to another province next week, so I will be absent.  I will be training on the new aspect of my job during the day and I will be catching up on work in my existing job from the hotel in the evenings.  (yay, not)

- I currently have a blog on Blogger with my own domain name.  My goal was to post 52 times a year (average of 1x per week) but I'm starting to struggle with that from my growing responsibilities at work.
- I have a Google Plus page just to reserve a name.  I have NO idea how to use it and, even though I tried to add/invite people to my circle, I couldn't.  So, that just sits there, but it's an option to work on.
- No facebook or twitter.
- I have a Project Wonderful account for advertising (but I've let it fall into disuse).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:47:52 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 06:05:48 pm »

Forgot to mention, I also have a video channel on Vimeo.  I have not used it for advertising specifically.  I have only used it to show my mini-albums and room tour.  I do refer back to my blog in it and one of the albums is a donation to charity auction, so that is a promo.

I do plan to sell mini-album bits and use the videos to demonstrate how they *could* look in finished products.

Open to new ideas for video usage.
Scent From Above

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 08:39:38 pm »

Hi again!

I wrote to iCraftGifts.com re: the 20 products in a store, but I didn't get an answer to it until I looked under forums again, and read your post.  I was very confused as to whether 20 products meant  20 different kinds of products or 20 products in the store to sell.  I tried the 2nd way.  But now I understand it better.  Thanks for answering that!  Also I know I need to focus on this month until I know I have the money and resources to continue or if this is the place for me.  So, I agree that I am not up for the sellers bootcamp --- this time!!  Wink  We'll see in the future!  I think it would be great, but it's not great for me right now.  Thanks for writing me and giving me the info!!

Take Care,
Scent From Above 

Hi Scent From Above,

Thank you for the nice comments!  Kiss

I actually see your name in the Bootcamp list. However, you have only 6 products in your store.

Oh... and one month is not enough to get your store known. It will take a few months to get inbound links to your pages and to start ranking for your keywords. So trying won't work. It's a commitment. Just do it!
We are going to go through all aspects of store optimization and promotion in this Bootcamp, so if you are going to do all the hard work, you'll get the results!

Now I sound like the real gym trainer. Ha ha....  Well, it's called a Bootcamp for a reason!  Wink
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 11:25:37 pm »

No problem! You can still read the Bootcamp thread and apply what you learn to your store.
Anyway, we still have 5 available spots. Who else wants to participate?
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »

Hi, I'd like to participate, if there's still room?

I currently have a Tumblr blog, Facebook and Twitter pages. And of course word of mouth. I've put this site as my main site on by business cards as well. I did also have this site listed on my Linkedin day-job profile as a personal website, but now I'm thinking this needs its own profile page??

I'm pretty inexperienced with marketing and sales techniques, so my marketing strategy is pretty basic or non-existent!

Bibi
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 03:57:37 pm »

No problem! You can still read the Bootcamp thread and apply what you learn to your store.
Anyway, we still have 5 available spots. Who else wants to participate?

I have been on Icraft for 1 year and would like to join sellers bootcamp. ...Kat
Pages: [1] 2 3  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Announcements & General Discussion  >  Next Sellers' Bootcamp (#4)
Jump to:  
Click