Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Product descriptions critique
Pages: [1]
Author

Product descriptions critique

Red Rock Designs

« on: December 10, 2011, 08:49:27 pm »

Hi, I'm new to selling online.
I'd like some feedback on my current listings, regarding the descriptions and titles.
What other things can I include, other than materials used?

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks for your help.
Bibi
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:01:31 pm »

I think your descriptions and titles are pretty good, actually.  The only thing I'd say is change the order of some words.

"Chain-maille silver-plated bracelet" ----> "Chain-maille bracelet silver plated"  As in the first sentence of your description, you refer to this piece as a Chain-maille bracelet.  That's what people will search for first and colour or metail is a secondary filter.  Therefore, my title would keep those words together and toss in the secondary filter words after.  Also, as a tag for this item, I would include "chain mail" or "chainmail" because not all people will know the correct spelling.

"Onyx, crystal and gold floating necklace" ------> "Floating Necklace Onxy, Crystal and Gold"

Just my thoughts.  Smiley
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:28:38 pm »

Thanks so much.  Awesome tip....I did notice that my chain-maille item got way more views than my "onyx, crystal" item.
Bibi
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Product descriptions critique
Jump to:  
Click