Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  What's up with the front page?
Pages: [1]
Author

What's up with the front page?

Northern Girl Jewelry

« on: November 24, 2011, 08:01:20 pm »

The photos of recently listed items on the front page have been showing up cropped really oddly for about a month now, maybe more.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I'm using the same photo format as before, but now my items get cut off in weird ways and they don't look very nice.  Will this be changed?  Should we be using different dimensions for our photos than the recommended one of 860 by 694?

Also, yesterday I noticed that those items don't scroll anymore.  In the past, after a few seconds, the screen would change and a new set of items would appear.  There were 3 screens of items.  Now there is only the one static screen.  I find that the front page isn't as attractive that way, and can easily be dominated by items that are all from the same shop, which doesn't do a very good job of showing the diversity of items avaiilable for sale on icraft.

Hoping for an admin response, thanks Smiley
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:01:45 am »

Yes, I noticed the same thing - on both counts.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 02:33:17 am »

Yes, we are aware of those problems, but we are not going to fix them right away.
We are getting rid of all flash widgets and replacing them with the javascript-based functions. However, we can't replace them now, as the new functions were built for the new site. We will be making announcements about the new site in a few weeks, so please be patient for a bit longer. We'll keep you posted. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:26:57 am by iCraft Admin »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  What's up with the front page?
Jump to:  
Click