Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  What are you working on right now?
Pages: [1]
Author

What are you working on right now?

The Knitting Lady

« on: September 23, 2011, 06:25:28 pm »

I decided to work on a few products for Valentine's Day. It's a few months away, but I thought that would give me some time to create new product line and work out the design details. So what I am working on is a series of products for kids and adults with "Heart" incorporated into them. I am trying to find some create way to do that. Maybe a belt with hearts or vase cosy etc.

Wonder what kind of Valentine Day gifts people would be interested in buying. I wanted to create small cute things that you could add to the gift. So it might not necessarily be the main gift. Would that work? Would you buy something like that for Valentine's?  Huh

Also, what are new things you guys are working on? Which holidays you are focusing on? Are you making anything new for Halloween?
Ahkriti

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:18:28 am »

October is the month for Orange and a lot of Indian festivals this year and I am really busy getting my shop filled with more creations because I just got back from a vacation of nearly 2 and a half months and it needs a big giant push in sales!
AhKriti will be participating at the Made by Hand show at the Internatioal Centre, Mississauga on Nov 5, 2011 so I am gearing up my stock for that as well.
Super busy and am hoping I will be able to cope with all this new stress!
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:48:39 am »

You are up early, dear... I guess you are not kidding about being busy. Smiley
Well, it's good to be busy with creative stuff. Good luck at the show and don't stress too much!

Two and a half month - that's a long vacation. Did you visit India during that time? I wonder if you go back often to get inspired and to buy supplies for your ethnic jewelry, which is stunning by the way.

Didn't know October is the month for Orange. Is it according to Indian tradition or because it's in the fall? Sorry, if it's a silly question.  Roll Eyes
Ahkriti

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 05:43:57 pm »

Ah I was up early yesterday...coz that's the time when my girls are sleeping and I get time!

Yes, I was visiting family back home in India and its a really long one because the girls were having a vacation and well, I was going after a long time. And yup, I did buy some supplies for my creations. Very happy with the finds I must say!

Ah regarding October and Orange - I don't think there must be something like that Grin I was just associating it with halloween and fall. But you know this year....there are so many Indian festivals this October, really its not funny! Lots of merriment and lots of fun! The ladies sure are going to have a riot!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:33:58 pm »

Welcome back, Ahkriti.

The Knitting Lady - what about mug cozies and tea sachet holders?  Baby booties with little hearts instead of pompoms on the shoe strings?  Crocheted garlands (for holidays)?

My next project will be Christmas.  I have lots of stock but have not taken and edited the pictures.  Nor have I lots of listing room in my store left either.  Right now, I need to get my studio re-arranged for new furniture so, my shop will be on hold for a bit first.  I'm skipping Halloween this year because of the closure and because it never fares well (even though I love it myself.)

I bought the parts for a new product too, but there's going to be a huge amount of time sunk in to develop the prototype.  So it's on the back burner but at least the supplies are ready to go when I am!
Spotted Paw Creations

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:12 am »

Working on Christmas Cards at the moment.  Making some to send to my friends and family first.  Then I will look at my left over stock from last year and see what I need to make for the craft sales!

I am not making any cards for Halloween or Thanksgiving, they are not big sellers.

Good luck at all of the craft sales everyone!  Smiley
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:21:26 pm »

Yes, Christmas is a big one, but for some reason, I got inspired by Hearts this year. All I want to do right now is to make things that have Hearts in them and to find new ways to incorporate Hearts into all my products. Smiley

Thanks for the suggestions, Fairy Cardmaker! I've made a couple of Heart cosies already  Wink
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 12:50:20 am »

I have a few heart-shaped products ready, but I uploaded only two today.
Have a look, what do you think?  Cool

Red Heart, Crochet Table Cover

Red Heart Crochet Necklace, Belt, a Present Wrapper or Decorative Garlands for Valentine's Day

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:54:57 am by The Knitting Lady »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »

I like the little one, TKL.  It is more versatile since it could be used personally for wardrobe or for party decor.  I'm not sure the size of the heart on the little one, but it could also be a bookmark too (the thong-style bookmark).  Oooo market that to the romantic/trashy novel readers lol!
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 10:40:23 pm »

Ha ha, that's a funny comment, Fairy Cardmaker! But yes, I suppose that could work too.
SarahMars

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 12:31:08 pm »

I like the last one. If it was longer with a few more hearts, it could be used to decorate dining table or walls in the dining room or even a bedroom. Wink
LisaGold

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 02:25:13 am »

I am romantic/trashy novel reader and I love your heart-shaped creations, the Knitting Lady!
Saving one for Valentine's Day.  Wink
elizanne

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 01:16:30 pm »

I am working on Christmas right now, on a personal level.  I have decided to make my kids the guinea pigs for some new techniques and am working on beading over a clear ball tree ornament.  I ran out of beads before I got very far but am so excited by what I am doing.  I had seen some ideas by Cathy Lampole, of That Bead Lady and thought I would try my hand.  There is no way I would be as good as she is, but I sure like the results so far.  I love to give my kids handcrafted ornaments every year and this is definitely the best I have done so far.
Mouse and Bear

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 02:35:58 pm »

I haven't really thought of doing something holiday-specific.  I have been thinking about doing some things that were appropriate for different seasons, but not any one holiday.  Does it generally help sales to do that?
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  What are you working on right now?
Jump to:  
Click